Renewing passports

monifa

We have a cruise on Harmony of the seas starting February 12 we get in February 11 from our flight but I noticed that our passport will expire on 20 February can I just use my birth certificate for the cruise. But I checked in with my passport will they say anything or I will just lose my money if I get turned away

When I last renewed my Global Entry card - the officer gently reminded me that many airports and cruise lines like for you to have 6 full months left on your passport before expiration. I would travel with another form of ID and your birth certificate just in case if you can't get it renewed in time. You may be able to put a rush on it?  Not sure what their processing times are...

I would call Royal and ask them what documents they want in addition to your passport since it will have less than 6 months on it by the time you embark...

31 minutes ago, monifa said:

We have a cruise on Harmony of the seas starting February 12 we get in February 11 from our flight but I noticed that our passport will expire on 20 February can I just use my birth certificate for the cruise. But I checked in with my passport will they say anything or I will just lose my money if I get turned away

Welcome to the boards! 

Just bring both your passport and your birth certificate. I'm guessing you're on a closed-loop cruise from Ft Lauderdale? And you're American? If so you should be able to use your birth certificate if your passport is questioned.

Over the Christmas break, we invited a family member to join us on a cruise this upcoming late spring.  They immediately applied for a first time US passport.  The Post Office representative said that passport lead times are very short right now and they could get their passport as early as 2-3 weeks so you might still have time to renew.

16 hours ago, Bizywk said:

Over the Christmas break, we invited a family member to join us on a cruise this upcoming late spring.  They immediately applied for a first time US passport.  The Post Office representative said that passport lead times are very short right now and they could get their passport as early as 2-3 weeks so you might still have time to renew.

Sent our app in on Nov 21.  Did use routine service, but still waiting.

If and when you renew, its worth it to go to a store with a photo center. It could be a big box store or a chain drugstore etc. They are generally set up to take passport photos. 

The passport office has gotten very rigid about photos and your application will be rejected if your head shot does not meet their parameters exactly.