February Icon Cruise Weather

Ac8080

Hi everyone, travelling on the Icon visiting Costa Maya, Cozumel and Perfect day at cococay starting on feb 17th 24

I was wondering if i should be worried about rough seas or weather in general in terms of swimming. My other option is April 25th.

what would you suggest? Thank you

Welcome to the message boards!

Should you be worried? Absolutely not.

There can be rough seas anytime of the year, but it's not something to be worried about.  "Rough" is a relative term, as we all perceive motion in the ocean differently.

Could there be a sensation of movement? Yes, any cruise could encounter that. But there's no way to tell in advance and no way to know if an April or February cruise would be any different.

Thanks for your feedback i just came back from a trip on the wonder of the seas and weather was warm enough we also got a tan! (apart from last day which was rainy, windy and rough). So I thought February should be better if anything. But now I read that in Feb it tends to get windy and given that the icon itenerary is heavily weather dependent with 3 days at sea and 3 beach ports i hope we have warm beach weather above all.

16 hours ago, Ac8080 said:

But now I read that in Feb it tends to get windy

That's a pretty gross generalization.

Think of it this way: If I were coming to visit you in your home town exactly one year from today, what will the weather be? The same as today? Probably not. It can vary considerably. 

Same is true for the Caribbean.

Can it be windy in February in the Caribbean? Yes. But it can be windy in June, August, or November too. I would not make any plans based around that kind of a weather "prediction".

11 hours ago, Matt said:

That's a pretty gross generalization.

Think of it this way: If I were coming to visit you in your home town exactly one year from today, what will the weather be? The same as today? Probably not. It can vary considerably. 

Same is true for the Caribbean.

Can it be windy in February in the Caribbean? Yes. But it can be windy in June, August, or November too. I would not make any plans based around that kind of a weather "prediction".

Sure, i know what you mean however what i was mainly searching for was for any really obvious mistake i might be making by going in February for a swimming holiday.

Keeping in mind im travelling several thousands of miles its quite a decision for us. Judging by feedback it seems February is a gamble like any other month and is on the cooler side. However i think i will just keep feb booking avoid spring break and as others said hope for the best 🙂 

13 hours ago, Ac8080 said:

i was mainly searching for was for any really obvious mistake i might be making by going in February for a swimming holiday.

Gotcha, and in that case, no, February is not an inherently "bad time" to cruise. I certainly cruise in February often!