Awesome new stabilizer!

JLMoran

Take a look at this Kickstarter campaign for the Rigiet (ree-jee-et) camera stabilizer – 

This is NOT your typical Kickstarter campaign. The device already exists and the campaign is purely to get the initial set of orders made with the manufacturer. There are real devices in the hands of tech reviewers (I found out about it via Apple World Today). So this is not your typical Kickstarter with major risk of never seeing a product.

The campaign ends May 30, and there are limited "super early bird" slots to get one at a really steep discount (regular backers still get a discount, just not as big).

Im definitely getting one, especially since my card isn't charged until the funding completion date is reached next month and I'll be on a new billing cycle. This device, plus a Joby Gorillapod (magnetic variety), means it should actually be possible to take long-exposure star photos while at sea! Even if that doesn't pan out, it'll make for way better video while on the move than I can take today with my gimp and fairly stiff walking.

Our media production team have use the SMOVE for a couple of project (when they want 'that cellphone look) and they work pretty well. On of the team now actually use his phone and the SMOVE to create very quick rough draft for pitches etc to help the client get a feel for what we will be doing.

Just now, EmersonNZ said:

Our media production team have use the SMOVE for a couple of project (when they want 'that cellphone look) and they work pretty well. On of the team now actually use his phone and the SMOVE to create very quick rough draft for pitches etc to help the client get a feel for what we will be doing.

Do they use the pro version or the standard one?  I went with the standard as one of the appeals of the SMOVE to me is that the regular one is quite portable and has a batt built in.  If I want more bulk I can use a steadycam, my DSLR, and a fullsize shotgun mic ;-)

4 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

Do they use the pro version or the standard one?  I went with the standard as one of the appeals of the SMOVE to me is that the regular one is quite portable and has a batt built in.  If I want more bulk I can use a steadycam, my DSLR, and a fullsize shotgun mic ;-)

They are using the SMOVE Pro