Radiance out of New Orleans

roiemike

I have never cruised out of New Orleans and decided to try the New Years Eve Cruise on Radiance of the Seas for my wife's and my anniversary.  The ship was beautiful and the upkeep was noticed as every area seemed to shine.  The food was excellent, my wife and I commented that each area Windjammer, Main dining and Chops were all the best experiences we had in a while.  The food was fresh and well prepared.  We think that maybe because they did not have to cook for as many people they were able to make smaller batches to keep food fresher.  Room attendant was best we have had in a while as well, he anticipated our needs and really went above and beyond.  Ports were awesome and overall cruise was great.  One thing that needs improvement in New Orleans is disembarkation.  We literally got in a line that was so long it went around the cruise ship entirely.  Over hearing many guests not happy with the process, I think they should have slowed down calling numbers and waited to clear the backlog, but they just kept calling numbers and the backup continued.  That is only thing I would improve for this cruise but easily one of the best cruises we have been on with Royal, as a Diamond member we had never tried this class of ship and were really surprised by all it had to offer.  Would definitely go on this class again if given the opportunity.  

I wholeheartedly agree with your observations here!

We sailed Radiance out of New Orleans in November and had a wonderful cruise. We were especially surprised by the quality of food in the Windjammer. We have sailed on RC many times (we are Diamond +) and often don't even bother with the WJ. But after a couple of meals there, we kept going back. The grilled salmon was just amazing. And the seasoned boiled shrimp was delicious as well. They had guacamole that tasted just like what Sabor serves and they even had popcorn on the buffet for a snack in the evenings!

But you are correct about disembarkation; it was quite a chaotic scene.