Post cruise Galveston experience - Space Center Houston?

jbrinkm

Has anyone done this experience? How was it? What was your timing like for the day? Did it take the 4 hrs 15 min as advertised, less time, or longer?

We have a 2:30pm flight so it may not work out for us, but it does seem convenient. Offered by Royal, so our luggage would be dealt with during the transfer. Gives us something fun to do that isn't just sitting around the airport waiting for our flight. 

I’ve only done a couple of ATV excursions throughout the years but I definitely recommend that you wear long pants.  The thing I recall most is that the exhaust pipes get very hot and it if you ride through standing water (which you will), it produces a very hot steam. I got burned a couple of times (nothing significant but painful).  No doubt you will be covered in mud by the time you are done so closed toes shoes would also be a recommendation; something you won’t mind getting muddy.  The ATV’s are a hoot so I’m sure you’ll have a great time, but be prepared for getting dirty/muddy.

3 hours ago, TexanTwoStep said:

Johnson Space Center is a must see while in Houston/Galveston (in my opinion).  The tour and memorabilia on display is fantastic.  It's one of the few places (if not the only place?) That you can see a full Saturn V rocket.

I think one can also be seen at the Kennedy Space Center. Inside some building hanging from the ceiling.