Chacchoben & Blue Lagoon in Costa Maya

USCG Teacher

I've seen a few people reference this tour and give it high marks, but as of now it is not appearing in my Cruise Planner.  I anticipate that it will probably show up as the summer draws nearer, but could I possibly ask anyone that is currently seeing it to post a screenshot of the description of either the Chacchoben or Chacchoben & Blue Lagoon excursions?  TIA!

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

For my Costa Maya visit on a Feb 11 sailing I only have Kohunlich & Dzibanche Mayan Ruins as the options. There is a tubing option also called Tubing Adventure on Bacalar Seven Color Lagoon. 

Hmm, given how close your sailing is, that makes me wonder if the Chacchoben excursion will turn up after all. 🤔 I do have the Kohunlich & Dzibanche options on my CP as well as a Tubing and a River Rafting option on Bacalar (we've booked the river rafting as a place holder in case Chacchoben doesn't show up).  Thank you for the feedback!

• 3 months later...

is there a place to set your bags while at the ruins or do you have to carry everything with you the whole time? obviously we would want different things for the jungle/ruins vs the beach, but don't want to carry a heavy bag with a bunch of extra stuff

On 1/9/2023 at 4:18 PM, mac66 said:

Just an FYI, if you can't get the ship excursion look at Native Choice tours. They do that same tour... Chacchoben & Lagoon excursion for half the price. I've done it twice with them over the years, very good tour.  NC regular Chacchoben tour is $40/person cheaper than the ships.

For you, or for anyone else, who has done the Chachoben tour through Native Choice instead of through the ship's own tour office, exactly how far of a walk is it to get from the ship's pier to the public area where Native Choices kiosk is allowed to have us meet their buses? I'm seriously considering going through them, but I will most likely have a few people in my group who might have issues with a longer walk, and perhaps even a Mobility Scooter user or two, should I be concerned?

On 1/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, USCG Teacher said:

I've seen a few people reference this tour and give it high marks, but as of now it is not appearing in my Cruise Planner.  I anticipate that it will probably show up as the summer draws nearer, but could I possibly ask anyone that is currently seeing it to post a screenshot of the description of either the Chacchoben or Chacchoben & Blue Lagoon excursions?  TIA!

You'll enjoy it!  We did it last year and are doing it again this year.  The 7 colors lagoon is amazing!

Also Semper P!  I was in the CG from 2007 - 2016 🙂

On 4/26/2023 at 1:12 PM, Dave26 said:

is there a place to set your bags while at the ruins or do you have to carry everything with you the whole time? obviously we would want different things for the jungle/ruins vs the beach, but don't want to carry a heavy bag with a bunch of extra stuff

The bus you take to the ruins is a charter-style bus with overhead compartments.  We left all of our stuff there.

Also, pro tip, you NEED water shoes at 7 colors lagoon.  The bottom is very rocky/slippery when you're swimming.

On 4/29/2023 at 10:15 PM, WhoCruiser said:

For you, or for anyone else, who has done the Chachoben tour through Native Choice instead of through the ship's own tour office, exactly how far of a walk is it to get from the ship's pier to the public area where Native Choices kiosk is allowed to have us meet their buses? I'm seriously considering going through them, but I will most likely have a few people in my group who might have issues with a longer walk, and perhaps even a Mobility Scooter user or two, should I be concerned?

It used to be a good 6 or 7 block walk but my wife informs me that their pick up point is now just a block or so outside the port enclosure.  We/she, apparently saw them when we were there in Feb.  NC's pickup point should be on their website.