Future Cruise Credit

I went on a cruise Oct-Nov of 2022 and unfortunately, became sick and had to be put in isolation for roughly 30hrs or so. As a result, I was provided a future cruise credit but it must be used within one year. However, I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and essentially the entire time that my credit is valid, I am unable to use it due to my pregnancy (i.e., until my due date, I am not permitted to travel due my baby's gestational age and afterwards, I cannot travel because my baby is not permitted to travel with me until 6 months at earliest, and I intend on breast feeding so I cannot be separated from them). In other words, the entire time my future credit is valid, I am cannot use it. 

I do have a future cruise booked but it's not until May 2024. Do you think I have any leverage to get the credit extended due to my circumstances and if so, whom should I contact. 

I should also add that I was informed that someone from Royal would reach out to me but I have yet to receive any correspondence from them regarding the credit. Moreover, I did not book with a TA.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I just got off the phone with a customer service representative. I was able to get an one-time extension for my FCC to be applied to my May 2024 cruise. To do so, I had to agree that if I cancel this cruise, I forfeit my credit. I am fine with this.  

While I understand these are highly specific circumstances (i.e., pregnancy/new baby covering the duration of an issued FCC), I just wanted to post a follow-up in case someone similar is ever in this situation. Good luck and happy cruising!