Wonder - Show and Speciality Dining

MoonMan81

Travellers: Me, Wife, Daughter (8 yr) on WotS

Wondering how to plan speciality dining and get to a suitable show. From looking at previous planners, the shows seem to be approximately 7 and 9pm. Speciality dining seems to open approx 5.30pm.   Is it doable to have dining at 5:30 and make the 7pm show, or would that be too tight?

If I book the UDP, am I more likely to get a booking slot early?

My daughter is an early-to-bed and an early riser, so I'm not sure if the 9pm show would work for us.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

On 12/27/2022 at 3:57 AM, MoonMan81 said:

Travellers: Me, Wife, Daughter (8 yr) on WotS

Wondering how to plan speciality dining and get to a suitable show. From looking at previous planners, the shows seem to be approximately 7 and 9pm. Speciality dining seems to open approx 5.30pm.   Is it doable to have dining at 5:30 and make the 7pm show, or would that be too tight?

If I book the UDP, am I more likely to get a booking slot early?

My daughter is an early-to-bed and an early riser, so I'm not sure if the 9pm show would work for us.

Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Hi @MoonMan81!

On our upcoming Wonder sailing, we were able to book all of the major shows between 8:00 pm and 8:30 pm... maybe your sailing has a different time schedule?

Each show has somewhat of a varying/alternating time schedule throughout the sailing, but they all offered that 8:00-8:30 time slot on certain days.

image.thumb.png.c1a84baa096386da975e1f9a91efdb4b.png

image.thumb.png.371bcf004f7f35c05bb4321e07c6108b.png

Regarding the UDP reservations... during online check-in, I would try to get an earlier boarding window for embarkation day. From what I understand, only people that book specialty dining a la carte or book a Star class suite (maybe Pinnacle folks too) can make their reservations before they board.

Once you board the ship, you can generally go to any of the specialty restaurants and make all of your specialty dining reservations at once if you prefer. Early bird catches the worm! You may not get the exact time your prefer every day, but it should be close (maybe within 15-30 minutes or so). As the day progresses on embarkation day and more passengers are onboard, the popular time slots will book.

Have a great time!