Anyone have a port listed in only some places (some web pages, on cruise docs, etc.) but mysteriously be absent from other places … like to book excursions?

Laura P.

Our cruise is in 53 days and Grand Turk was the advertised port and is listed in our cruise docs. Yet, it doesn’t show up in some places online and in the app. We’d love to take advantage of all of the holiday sales and book excursions, but it doesn’t allow us to view excursions for the island. It completely leaves that day blank (yet Grand Turk still appears on other pages). Our travel agent called to investigate and - after being transferred to several different departments - someone in the Revenue Department finally told her the port was changing to Costa Maya. This conversation happened weeks ago, and the website and the app still don’t reflect the change. And, again, we don’t have the ability to book or even view excursions. This feels completely duplicitous. Has anyone ever experienced this? 

I’ve never experienced a missing port…but have experienced port changes that are different depending on where the itinerary is viewed. 
For instance…on a seven night out of New Jersey, on the original booking page and on my cruise docs, it will show Nassau as the last port after CocoCay. But then, on the app they will be reversed with CocoCay the last port after Nassau. Or the app will show the initial itinerary, but the first indication that it’s been reversed is when I’m onboard and I get the printed entertainment schedule. Only after refreshing the app will it show the correct itinerary. If I scheduled any shore excursions, they just carry over to the correct date…but that can force me to change my specialty dining plans.
I’m guessing sometimes scheduling can change at the last minute depending on the port…especially one like Nassau that can host up to six ships at once…so I always make sure to check the schedule as soon as I board just in case I need to reschedule a specialty dining…or excursion. Whenever I needed to do that, I always got the same…or better…price. 

Thanks, Brian. Your experience really reinforces the risk in booking an excursion directly (outside of cruise ship offerings). I’ve never done it but know friends who have. I'll continue checking every couple of days for an itinerary update. We have a group of 10 so want to make sure we secure an excursion ASAP before they fill up … whatever island we end up on!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, we are on this same trip as well… it is still showing on the port schedule for Grand Turk… posted this to the roll call. no response yet.

Any others on this itinerary wondering about our stop at Grand Turk? It appears that we may be the only RCCL to make that port for quite some time and according to cruise mapper may be the only one in 2023… There is nothing yet in the cruise planner as well. We booked this itinerary specifically for that stop, but are wondering whether we are really going. Anyone else curious about this? Guess we will see…”

Let us know if you hear anything else…

jim and sher