Solarium Bistro on Ovation of the Seas

Cruisemom

Hey everyone-

New here.  Infrequent cruiser and first time Quantum Class cruiser.  Getting mixed information from my Travel agent and from this blog/youtube.  Wanted input from folks who have cruised recently.   We will be traveling to Alaska in June/July.  Had planned to eat some in the bistro.  I have 2 boys 12 and 15.  Will they be allowed to dine in the Solarium Bistro as they are not "adults".  Also the Cruise planner has a option to reserve and evening "reservation"   We are considering this but wondering if it is complimentary or there is a cost?  If there is an al a acarte price has anyone done this and know the range of the cost?   Thanks so much. 

Angela

2 hours ago, Cruisemom said:

Is the evening reservation dining there also complimentary do you know?  We were thinking of trying it, but wanted to make sure that it wasn't expensive before we cancel our My Time dining for that date.

Yes, its complementary.  You just need a reservation at dinner due to the small size of the venue (i.e. limited capacity).

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Please tell me more!  Is it a Brazilian Steakhouse at night or Mediterranean?  Would this be fleetwide?  We are on Harmony in May and I’d love another dining option.

Turns into Samba grill on Allure (Brazilian steakhouse with upcharge), but just regular solarium bistro (Mediterranean, complementary) on the rest of the fleet (Oasis and Quantum class).