Group Dining Request

soak01

Next year will be cruising and be part of a group of 16. We all have MyTime dining. As the app only allows up to 8 people to be added is there an email address that I can request 2 tables of 8 next to each other or 1 for all of us if I get everyones reservation numbers?

8 hours ago, soak01 said:

Next year will be cruising and be part of a group of 16. We all have MyTime dining. As the app only allows up to 8 people to be added is there an email address that I can request 2 tables of 8 next to each other or 1 for all of us if I get everyones reservation numbers?

We have a similar scenario, but with Traditional Dining. Just a side note - linking reservations in the Cruise Planner does not automatically link those parties together at a table in the MDR (in theory, all parties might not have the same MDR dining type/time).

We're travelling with 2 other parties in JAN. While on another call with Royal, the CS rep asked us what size table we would prefer (out of the blue, unrelated to my call). I explained we're travelling with 2 other parties (just a total of 6) and we would like to be seated together (we all have 5:30 Traditional Dining). The CS rep took all of our reservation numbers and documented the system, but stated someone from each reservation needs to call to confirm that they too want to be seated together as a group (I was not able to speak on behalf of the whole group).

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated e-mail, but you can call Royal CS and/or message Royal through their Facebook page and they can at least point you in the right direction if they cannot assist. Traditionally, in our experience, they are very responsive through FB.

Have an amazing time next year!

Thanks for this information.  We are on the Wonder of the Seas in February with a party of 12.  I    decided to grab us the UDP, with a back-up at the MDR of early seating.  RCC communicated to me (via email) that they will help us with the first night dinner reservation and communicate with the ship to group us together at one of the venues, but we have to take ownership of the following reservations.  Fair enough, in my mind.  Ideally we would like to be together at the same table at each Specialty dining location, but I    am totally fine with 2 tables of 6 or even 3 tables of 4.....THEY just need to be near each other and at the same time even if it is early.  You see, 1 of the 12 is GRANNY.  Here is the deal with GRANNY, we can do whatever we want through the day.....but....DINNER is done together.  I    kid you not, I    have planned this whole trip, flights and all.....THAT is the ONLY expectation that is stressing me, lol.  I    believe it has accelerated my aging.  Any hints or suggestions appreciated.

37 minutes ago, CharmMicah68 said:

Thanks for this information.  We are on the Wonder of the Seas in February with a party of 12.  I    decided to grab us the UDP, with a back-up at the MDR of early seating.  RCC communicated to me (via email) that they will help us with the first night dinner reservation and communicate with the ship to group us together at one of the venues, but we have to take ownership of the following reservations.  Fair enough, in my mind.  Ideally we would like to be together at the same table at each Specialty dining location, but I    am totally fine with 2 tables of 6 or even 3 tables of 4.....THEY just need to be near each other and at the same time even if it is early.  You see, 1 of the 12 is GRANNY.  Here is the deal with GRANNY, we can do whatever we want through the day.....but....DINNER is done together.  I    kid you not, I    have planned this whole trip, flights and all.....THAT is the ONLY expectation that is stressing me, lol.  I    believe it has accelerated my aging.  Any hints or suggestions appreciated.

Loved your comment about Granny - 9.5 years ago, my Mom (grandmother to 4 of the passengers) took all of us on a cruise for her 80th birthday. She & her gentleman friend, my brother, me, DH & 2 DD's, sister, her DH & 2 DS.  Same exact requirement - we were free to do anything we wanted during the day, but we had to be at dinner @ 6pm, all of us together. Her TA got us all at one big table, and it worked out well.  The only exception was that DH & I were allowed one specialty dining for ourselves, because that same year was our 25th anniversary.  One night, we were running late because we were coming back from an excursion - hot, sweaty, dressed in shorts or capri pants, and absolutely no time to go back to our room, so we just showed up that way.  Luckily not a Formal or Dress your Best night 🤣

We were in MDR, so not sure how Specialty will work with that, but yeah -- maybe assign different people to different nights for booking once you get on board, and be able to call or text each other (try to get as early a boarding time as possible) so that switches can be made. If any excursions are booked, you will have to keep that in mind also, since late returns are possible.

We used to go for early traditional dining - early because my older DD had special needs, and went to bed early, traditional because younger DD has celiac, and therefore MDR was safer. Haven't tried UDP yet - was going to last August, on our 2nd leg of a B2B, figuring we could ask questions about the options for gluten free for the younger one, but older DD was in the hospital, so cruise cancelled.