Mayan ruins tour???

plasticmaster

My cruise this April will be visiting Costa Maya and Cozumel.  My family and I would like to tour some Mayan ruins.  I'm looking for recommendations for a good tour either through Royal Caribbean or with an outside tour.  I see where Royal offers one from Cozumel that involves a long ferry boat ride and even longer bus ride.  I'd like to avoid that one.  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, plasticmaster said:

My cruise this April will be visiting Costa Maya and Cozumel.  My family and I would like to tour some Mayan ruins.  I'm looking for recommendations for a good tour either through Royal Caribbean or with an outside tour.  I see where Royal offers one from Cozumel that involves a long ferry boat ride and even longer bus ride.  I'd like to avoid that one.  Thanks.

The ferry is for Cozumel - Chichen Itza is an option but involved a 3 hr trip each way.  

Costa Maya has very good ruins close to the port.

I use a local company called Native choice.

Costa Maya Excursions | Activities in Costa Maya, tours and travel information (thenativechoice.com)

I would go to Chacchoben ruins in Costa Maya and make Cozumel a beach day. I visited the Tulum ruins when I was in Cozumel, but I thought the ferry ride over was terrible (many people were puking). The ruins in Costa Maya just require a 1 hour bus ride each way and are still really impressive!

Here's my review on the Chacchoben ruins: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/09/16/excursion-focus-chacchoben-ruins-costa-maya

Tulum ruins review: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/09/30/excursion-focus-tulum-ruins-mayan-cenote-tour-cozumel

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 10:13 AM, JennaRCB said:

I would go to Chacchoben ruins in Costa Maya and make Cozumel a beach day.

Wow good to know that this is your recommendation because thats what I came up with prior to seeing this 🙂 

I am planning on using the native choice for the tour of the ruins - how much would you recommend to spend at the ruins and tips for the staff for this tour?