When do we all the shore excursions appear?

RCIfan1912

We are booked on a 9 night Canada/NE in October and I get that's pretty far away but when do we the excursions appear? 

Boston only has 2, Portland isn't listed at all, there aren't any for Bar Harbor either. Halifax isn't listed at all either. 

New Brunswick and Halifax we are going on our own but Portland we want to go to Freeport and Boston to Salem being so close to Halloween. 

Any ideas? Just too early?

17 minutes ago, Dan Curtis said:

I'm guessing to early, we have a cruise in February, looked at excursions a couple weeks ago, they was only showing six, I called, they said look back in mid December, I'm not sure why they are waiting so long. 

Huh, that's interesting. It seems like post Covid there are less excursions in general. Used to be a million at each port. Hope yours show up soon. 

21 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Huh, that's interesting. It seems like post Covid there are less excursions in general. Used to be a million at each port. Hope yours show up soon. 

A lot of the excursions are offered by small companies or family businesses and many of them had to change jobs during the pandemic.  Add in the staffing problems every company is experiencing these days and neither Royal or the excursion companies are as willing to promise they'll be able to run a specific excursion many months or even more than a year away.  I think they are just trying to avoid too many refunds and upset customers due to canceled excursions by waiting until closer to the cruise to actively promote them.  That's just my wild guess based on seeing this topic come up a lot in the last year.

I guess I'll see what happens as the months go by and we get closer to cruise date. Hopefully more show up especially Portland to Freeport Maine and Boston to Salem. Those are really the only concrete places we want to go to. Bar Harbor would be nice to do a historic walking tour. Halifax and New Brunswick we aren't doing any excursions as we know exactly where we want to go in walking distance. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Thanks Matt, that definitely explains it. I'll check back every day but expect to see more added in May/June. 

We used to not book excursions till on board until we got completely shut out on a cruise for the ones we wanted. Now I'm paranoid about booking well beforehand.