Junior Suite on Vision of the Seas -- Is it worth the price?

ChessE4

We just returned from Barcelona, which was our first cruise in a Junior Suite.  Given that the Vision is an older, smaller vessel, was it worth the cost?   Yes, with a few caveats

Given the port-intensive itinerary (only one sea day), we made full use of our balcony, somewhat larger than in a normal balcony room we've had in the past.  The weather was fantastic (no rain at all), and we enjoyed the view on our port-side cabin amidship.  We had more storage space than the two of us could use, even though we lacked the walk-in closet in larger vessels.  Two mounted wall hooks allowed us to hang our masks and SeaPass lanyards.  That was very convenient.  Located on deck 8, under the pool area, we were concerned about noise.  There really wasn't much, so no worries.  The doorway to the Centrum is closed at around 8PM every evening, and even the disco parties couldn't interfere with an early night caused by jet lag.  I noticed the entrance way to the stateroom was more spacious than our last balcony - two of us could come and go without bumping into each other.  

Caveats -- you need to bring a decent travel pillow.  The giant, thick pillows provided with room are impossible to sleep on.  Our attendant did a work-around to get us a thinner one (orthopedic).  Also, the Lavazza machine plug won't stretch to reach the outlet.  Thus, each day I needed to move all of my wife's cosmetics to slide the machine to make a morning or PM cup. It lacked an off switch, so I had to unplug it while "live", something one never does in the US, due to safety.  Finally, bring hand lotion for dry skin; the upgraded bathroom doesn't have any lotion, whereas our Barcelona hotel did.

I calculated that the cost of the room booked in September 2021 was the same as our Barcelona hotel ($250/night for two) once I factored in food we ate, entertainment value, and our free Diamond vouchers (even though we used only 1/2 of them).  The room cost would have been even less had we eaten lunch on the ship or maxed out on drink opportunities.