Administrative change to drink voucher redemption

@asquared17 we believe when we boarded we stopped for a beverage before heading over to the muster area as it was not "open" yet (we had an early embarkation time.) I most likely said too loudly or within ear shot of a not so nice individual, "please use my Diamond drink vouchers, cabin 1724" or something to that extent as we didn't have our sea pass cards yet. On that sailing they never asked for or even looked at our sea pass when ordering using our vouchers.

Someone heard that and helped themselves to about 4 free drinks a day on us! It was Royal representatives who insisted we used them when  I tried to get things corrected and I asked them please shut that seapass for my cabin off, and maybe issue me another  (they said no) or have the bartenders at least up there in Central Park check for the card. Someone was spoken to finally because it stopped on Thursday day 5 but it irked me that someone would do that and then I would be accused of fibbing....I get it Royal does not know me so I did insist they look for me on the cameras making those purchases, not sure if they did but it stopped. The "stolen" vouchers were always used at Central Park either bar or restaurants. 

I love the perk and would hate to lose it, I agree with @smokeybandit the step they put in place makes little sense, all they would have to do is physically swipe the sea pass for an accurate accounting of the allowed amenity. But we love it, we usually purchase a case of water on board and then the vouchers are perfect, when no one else is stealing them of course. 

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

@asquared17 we believe when we boarded we stopped for a beverage before heading over to the muster area as it was not "open" yet (we had an early embarkation time.) I most likely said too loudly or within ear shot of a not so nice individual, "please use my Diamond drink vouchers, cabin 1724" or something to that extent as we didn't have our sea pass cards yet. On that sailing they never asked for or even looked at our sea pass when ordering using our vouchers.

Someone heard that and helped themselves to about 4 free drinks a day on us! It was Royal representatives who insisted we used them when  I tried to get things corrected and I asked them please shut that seapass for my cabin off, and maybe issue me another  (they said no) or have the bartenders at least up there in Central Park check for the card. Someone was spoken to finally because it stopped on Thursday day 5 but it irked me that someone would do that and then I would be accused of fibbing....I get it Royal does not know me so I did insist they look for me on the cameras making those purchases, not sure if they did but it stopped. The "stolen" vouchers were always used at Central Park either bar or restaurants.

i wish there was an angry quick reaction face 😡 because i would have used it on your post.

the fact that you had to FIGHT to get it corrected is another wild part of this entire debacle.

people are SHADY as HECK and this is just plain WRONG.

also i'm with you and @smokeybandit -- why aren't they swiping the card?? there has to be a button to click for 'diamond voucher' on the POS, surely they could just do that and keep the process a little more tightened up...

On 11/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, Matt said:

For the most part, keeping track of your drinks is easy enough, but there have been plenty of times it's not crystal clear if the server used your diamond drinks or not.

I think that’s also part of the problem. After getting drinks plenty of times….nothing I do is crystal clear!🤪

But I do hope this works out as expected. Hopefully keeping track is easier and it does result in less time spent at Guest Services.  

Kudos to Royal for trying something to make it better…and also Royal’s ability to adjust and change all the time. Sometimes new things don’t work out and they are not afraid to admit a mistake. Constant tweaking is better than defending bad changes. I really like it when a company listens to it’s consumers. Let’s see how this works out. JMO.