Star Class/Non Star Class linked booking - boarding

We have a GLS and an Ocean View booked for an upcoming cruise on Anthem (5 pax total). We unfortunately couldn't spring the additional $16k (heaven forbid) for another Star Class Suite for MIL, so she is going solo in the Ocean View room.

Given we will all be taking a car together to the port, has anyone had experience of RC letting a solo non-star class pax board with those in the SC Suite? 

Unless her boarding time is the same, and/or you ask your Genie. She might not be able to.  Genies take you through most of the process and the crew will see her status so they may or may not allow it. I can tell you as a solo cruiser I have boarding suites even when not staying in a suite but I never count on it. 

I would give it a shot @britinbrooklyn.  Hope it works out.  I think they can look at that 2 ways.  The way you suggest and allow the other guest to board with your privileges or the way that is completely strict to policy and allow you to board with your MIL giving up your privilege to stay together.

I think you have a decent shot with it being just one person and not a clan of people.

Good luck.

It will be very easy to get your answer once you are in comm with the Genie.  Instinct (and experience) tells me that the Genie will have no problem with including your MIL in the SC boarding process but you really will not know until you hear from him/her.

One note of caution here:  I had a Genie tell me that when communicating with the SC guests either on the phone or in writing, they NEVER violate ship protocols so it's possible that the Genie will decline your request since it will be made via email.  I still think the Genie will help you out...but it may be more subtle than an email shouting:  "Sure....bring  her on in !!".  Once in a more direct and discrete environment, the Genie will be more forthcoming...but in writing they may be more "by the book".

Good luck, either way

Last month while boarding we did not meet the genie until the boarding.  There are multiple steps that might interrupt your plans.  

Not sure what port you are embarking but at Ft Lauderdale there is a Star banner and a host to take your name and initial check in, a porter will come for the bags and a “shoreside genie” will take you to security and to the check in, then they took us to the lounge to wait while the genie came to take us on the ship.

Not sure that the shoreside staff will be as accommodating as the genie.  Pretty sure they are going to be a little more by the book.