Where to Stay the Night Before?

SuziQM

Hello...we're sailing out of Miami on the Freedom of the Seas ship on February 13, 2023. We scheduled our flights and we're staying in Miami the evening of February 12 to ensure that we arrive on time for our sailing on the 13th. Does anyone have suggestions relative to a hotel to stay at the night before? What about transportation to the port? 

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Thank you!

Last time we had a Miami cruise, we found a great deal at the Embassy Suites (Miami Airport).   They have transportation from airport to the hotel, but I don't think to the cruise port....we did an UBER from there. The hotel is very nice with large rooms and breakfast included. 

Something that might influence your decision is the time of your arrival into Miami. If you're getting in early enough to go for a wander and a meal you'd want a location where that's possible but if you're arriving late and only need somewhere to sleep then an airport hotel might be a more convenient option.

I stayed in hotel YVE right across the street from the port last year in February. I bought the hotel dirt cheap on a Black Friday sale and it was a very nice place for one night. We walked around Miami the Friday before our cruise and also again in the morning.  I woke up early in the morning and watched all the ships arriving from our hotel window.  We took a Lyft to the port, it was maybe $5.