Roatan - West Bay Beach

Pegleg

We are scheduled to Cruise on Allure in February.  Our cruise site is showing a bunch of excursions for Cozumel but very few for Roatan.  If you have already been to Roatan can you tell me if there were any tours that included West Bay for snorkeling and a day trip?  Or did you take a taxi to the beach?  I really would like to just hang out at the beach at maybe an all inclusive.  Need to be able to have a chair and shade.

West Bay beach has excellent snorkeling from the beach.  There are several beach resorts on West Bay beach (including Tabyana) that are recommended.

If you want to take a larger excusion I use Rony's Tours.  They are excellent.  

HOME - Roatan Tours, Cruiseship Activities, Excursions, Zipline Canopy Tours with Ronys Independent Tours, Roatan (ronystours.com)

I did Tabyana in January.  Great beach and snorkeling.  They had police tape between the chairs and the water so the people selling things couldn't come up to you.  The bad thing is that they stood outside the tape trying to sell their things and offering massages.  It was non-stop and really annoying.  Some people next to me were really pissed and took the first shuttle back to the ship. 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:48 PM, TravisMA81 said:

I did Tabyana in January.  Great beach and snorkeling.  They had police tape between the chairs and the water so the people selling things couldn't come up to you.  The bad thing is that they stood outside the tape trying to sell their things and offering massages.  It was non-stop and really annoying.  Some people next to me were really pissed and took the first shuttle back to the ship. 

How do we get a beach pass for Tabyana Beach resort?  I’d like to spend our time there. But I’d like a chair and some shade. Possible??

9 hours ago, Pegleg22 said:

How do we get a beach pass for Tabyana Beach resort?  I’d like to spend our time there. But I’d like a chair and some shade. Possible??

I booked it through Royal.  I think there was two options, one with snorkel gear and one without.  It includes a chair and I think an umbrella and lucnh.  West Bay beach is really nice.