Passport

groof14

If you leave and return to the same port you can sail with a birth certificate.  However, while it may be unlikely, if there is an emergency in one of the ports where you would have to fly back to the US you'd need a passport book.  You cannot fly with a passport card/birth certificate.  Getting a passport book is highly recommended.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 7:59 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

If you leave and return to the same port you can sail with a birth certificate.  However, while it may be unlikely, if there is an emergency in one of the ports where you would have to fly back to the US you'd need a passport book.  You cannot fly with a passport card/birth certificate.  Getting a passport book is highly recommended.  

So I f I am getting on in ft Lauderdale and getting off I ft Lauderdale.. stopping In  Cococay and Nassau I don't need a passport? Will I still be allowed to get off the ship at these stops. Sorry I have never went on a cruise .. I am tryin to clarify everything.. I leave on 1/16.. not sure if a passport will come in time for my cruise.. I didn't realize I may need one 🤦🏻‍♀️

24 minutes ago, Sammie said:

So I f I am getting on in ft Lauderdale and getting off I ft Lauderdale.. stopping In  Cococay and Nassau I don't need a passport? Will I still be allowed to get off the ship at these stops. Sorry I have never went on a cruise .. I am tryin to clarify everything.. I leave on 1/16.. not sure if a passport will come in time for my cruise.. I didn't realize I may need one 🤦🏻‍♀️

Yep, you'll be able to get off at the ports.  It's always recommended to bring an official photo ID (driver's license is fine).  Rarely are they requested, but I have had it happen in Nassau and Canadian ports.