Atlantis water park

MC17

On 10/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, MC17 said:

We will be in Nassau on January 5. I’m tempted to stay on the ship but if we do an excursion it’ll likely be the Atlantis water park. How long are the typical lines this time of year (Jan 5)?

I know this doesn't answer your question but....We went to Nassau/CocoCay January '21...I've read booking a room for 1N at Comfort Suites Paradise Island gives you water park access at Atlantis and is cheaper than the day pass at Atlantis.   https://www.comfortsuitespi.com/

With that posted...do your homework as I have NOT done this and I cannot for 100% certainty say it's factual....  and I'm sure their may be some things to consider...like time you get access to the park, when you could access room (although many say they don't even step foot in room).   Good luck and have fun whatever you do!

I have been to Atlantis in February during the winter break week for schools in the northeast, and the lines weren't terrible. I too was given advice on booking a room at the comfort suites, and did look into it. There were no restrictions then, but this was pre-COVID. We ended up not going that route since when we got our tickets, the price difference was small, and not having to worry about finding taxis with two small kids (at the time) in tow was worth the extra expense of booking directly with RC.

We booked a room through our timeshare at Harbourside and got 4 entry tickets to Atlantis.   We went and checked in but we didn't even open the room - we just boarded the shuttle over to Atlantis.

I will say this...  we were there in early December (before xmas break) a few years ago - and by the time you get off the ship,  shuttle to the hotel, wait in line, check in, wait for a second shuttle, get over to Atlantis, get in to the park (the property is huge!), and get situated your morning is half over.   Then depending what time your all-aboard is you don't really have THAT much time in the water park.   Lines weren't crazy - but even a 15 minute wait adds up to an hour for 4 slides.

I left feeling disappointed and rushed to get on rides all day - and then rushed to get back to the ship.   I wouldn't do it again, unless we had a much later (like 6:00 all-aboard).   It's a lot of money for really having time to get on maybe 10 slides.

2 hours ago, adreajoy713 said:

Thank you DJsMrs for that insight.  Atlantis looks like a blast and I've been considering it for our cruise. But your comment made me realize that the time restrictions are going to make it not worth it for us. 

I had Atlantis booked on an upcoming cruise as this is just shy of a bucket list item for me. I just canceled a few days ago because I just couldn’t justify spending $1000 for a family of 4 for just 5 hours. 

and it really is a sprawling property -- gorgeous to be sure, but you're getting a lot of walking around and i distinctly recall a decent amount of stairs leading to the big slide specifically.

i mean, worth it  -- but maybe better if you could stay there a day or two or at a neighboring property to really soak it in and get your bearings.

• 2 weeks later...