Harmony Crown Loft Suites w/ 2 small children

Anyone with younger kids (4 and 1) have experience with the babysitting service? We have found that the balcony rooms are too small and have decided the only way we cruise is suite level +. We were literally tripping over pack & plays and toys. It was nearly impossible to get 2 young children asleep together in such a small cabin. Has anyone had a better experience w/ the loft? We were thinking about hiring the babysitting service from 9-12 every night. Thoughts?

We stayed in a Crown Loft on Allure with our two boys just for that reason.  My wife and I claimed the whole loft and upstairs bath for ourselves.  The boys had the lower level which worked well until bedtime.  Our boys are ages 14 and 7 and they slept together one night on the fold out sofa, but not happily.  Luckily our awesome stateroom attendant Marva saved our vacation.  We asked her if there were any other options and she said sure.  Every night when she prepared the the fold out sofa for our 14 year old she would bring in a rollaway bed for our 7 year old and take it away during the day. I couldn't have imagined all four of us in smaller single room.

I can confirm that two connecting balconies are MUCH cheaper than a grand or loft suite. My wife and I looked at a grand suite on Freedom, since we're a family of four and that seemed the smallest single cabin that could hold us all with any reasonable comfort. Then I found out about the connecting cabin option and priced that out -- somewhere between half and two thirds the cost of the grand suite (and same price as a single Junior Suite). Needless to say that's what we've booked.

I know Matt has booked connecting rooms for pretty much all of his cruises, even when his kids were as young as yours. They would leave the connecting door open at night so the kids had easy access and Matt and his wife could if one of them was up or needed some attention. So I don't think you'd need to worry about them being in another room and getting into trouble. Plus, Matt noted it's great for getting the kids to bed and still being able to stay up, watch TV, etc.

I'll also concur with adjoining cabins and kids. I've got twin boys that are about to be 4. However another option that people overlook are family rooms. We've had an Ocean View Family room on Freedom (cabin 9500) that was pretty good. There were bunk beds with a curtain to close the area off. The downside of that room was the one normal bathroom. Most recently we had a Royal Family Suite (9708) on Liberty and that room has an internal hallway with an interior cabin, a master bedroom and a living room. Price wise it was better than all the suite rooms (except a Junior Suite). Effectively it was an adjoining room.

Future sailings we've got adjoining rooms except for Oasis class where the Junior Suite was big enough (the kids could share the fold out sofa together). But I think with kids that aren't the same age I would definitely go the adjoining cabin route.