Is there a fee to upgrade cabins after booking?

xps15z

Let's say I booked an interior room for a June 2023 booking. But in November, I decided I wanted an interior or balcony just due to pricing I've seen. Will there system allow me to do an upgrade and pay the difference or is there a fee associated with changing cabins for the same boat/date?

So even if I book 3 interior rooms and then a few months later decide I just want to do 2 balconies (# of people remain the same) only. That's fine also? Or will I have to upgrade all 3 rooms and make it 3 balconies. Just making sure as I intend on booking interior and then upgrading if I feel like it.

10 minutes ago, xps15z said:

So even if I book 3 interior rooms and then a few months later decide I just want to do 2 balconies (# of people remain the same) only. That's fine also? Or will I have to upgrade all 3 rooms and make it 3 balconies. Just making sure as I intend on booking interior and then upgrading if I feel like it.

Each cabin is it’s own reservation.

you can upgrade one cabin, 2 cabins or all 3 cabins and not the others.

However, if you have minors without adults in those other cabins you cannot move away from them (down the hall or to another deck) minors must be in an adjacent cabin or across the hall from their adult (if they aren’t in the cabin with their adult)

11 hours ago, xps15z said:

If you have 3 bookings they are viewed as independent bookings each with their own cancelation clauses.  

Royal does not look at all of the bookings collectively.  Each booking is a stand alone booking even if you have linked them and are paying for them with the same credit card.

You could upgrade just one of your bookings to balcony.  You could upgrade any two of your bookings to a balcony.  You can upgrade all three of your bookings to a balcony.  You can't try to consolidate or combine guests to eliminate one of the bookings without incurring cancellation fees unless you booked as refundable.  

Before final payment due date you can upgrade and downgrade bookings at prevailing rates the day you make the change.  Once final payment due date has passed Royal may or may not allow you to make the same changes, it depends.  For example, downgrades after final payment due date to save money are typically not allowed.