Info on the changes reported to the Royal App “vaccination” section

A friend messaged me after contacting RCCL about the app not allowing her to upload her vaccine information for her upcoming cruise. Their response back this afternoon basically said that guests will no longer need to upload their vaccination record during mobile check-in for cruises departing on August 9th, 2022 or after that date, but until further notice cruisers ages 12 and older would need to bring their 2 dose vaccine card to the port.

Although the following was not stated by the rep,  I can only assume that they changed the app in anticipation of a new policy rolling around regarding vaccinations that would likely begin on or after August 14th (perhaps to be announced on the 14th?). Again, the last part is entirely my supposition. But I know this has been a question floating around everywhere about the app vaccination info so I wanted to pass it on this information. There was actually somebody in one of the groups that I belong to that got the same information from another RCCL rep today so the story is consistent.

I checked in via the app for my Sept 18 cruise last week at midnight. There were no changes to the vaccination information questions and uploading a photo of the card.

I check in tonight at midnight for the Sept 25 cruise. I’ll see if the process is changed. I hope so, as this would definitely be a good indicator that they’re dropping more requirements. 🤞

23 hours ago, BrianB said:

I check in tonight at midnight for the Sept 25 cruise. I’ll see if the process is changed. I hope so, as this would definitely be a good indicator that they’re dropping more requirements.

Checked in at midnight last night…got the 10am boarding time again!

This check in was different. The questions about the vaccine, type and date of each shot, were gone. So was the need to upload a copy of the vaccination card. But the advisory about bringing the card and negative test is still prominently displayed.

EC526931-BA4E-451A-B404-0A4EC5A49BE8.jpeg