xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Oct 6, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023 (9 Night Hawaii Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Ovation of the Seas - Oct 6, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023 (9 Night Hawaii Cruise)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My wife and I will also be on this cruise.  First time on a Quantum class ship.  Previously sailed on Oasis (2017), Harmony (2019), Wonder (2023), Freedom (2015/2022), Explorer (2022 B2B), HAL Maasdam (2015), and NCL Bliss (2022).  We are both Diamond.

We will be staying in Hawaii (visiting both Oahu and the big island) an additional week after the cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am on this cruise and I just got an email from RoyalCaribbean that the stops in Maui has been replaced by Victoria and Seattle. I completely understand we can no longer go to Maui and it is definitely not a good time to go. But why Seattle and Victoria? Why can't we change to another island like Big island? This has now become a much worse cruise unfortunately. RoyalCaribbean needs to step up and treat us like customers. We are not asking for upgrades, just something equivalent! 

18 minutes ago, Iccup7 said:

Hi all,

I am on this cruise and I just got an email from RoyalCaribbean that the stops in Maui has been replaced by Victoria and Seattle. I completely understand we can no longer go to Maui and it is definitely not a good time to go. But why Seattle and Victoria? Why can't we change to another island like Big island? This has now become a much worse cruise unfortunately. RoyalCaribbean needs to step up and treat us like customers. We are not asking for upgrades, just something equivalent! 

You can follow this thread as well:  

What happened in Maui is very sad...my heart goes out to them.

My family and I are very disappointed with this new itinerary...it's skipping Hawaiian ports completely! When we booked this trip back in May, we did not want to pay tens of thousands of dollars to see Victoria and Seattle which we've been to many times. We wouldn't have booked this cruise if it's the case.

I think RC should at least give us the option for a full refund or cruise credits to be used another time, if they really care about their customers. 

On 8/10/2023 at 10:37 AM, Chrisb0025 said:

Just wondering if the cruise will be delayed or rerouted due to the fires?

This is my first cruise, so I'm not sure what the protocol is?

https://www.cruisehive.com/norwegian-cruise-line-adjusts-itineraries-due-to-lahaina-devastation/108486

If you ever have any doubt about whether Royal Caribbean cares about its customers, don't focus on what they say, instead focus on what they do. Norwegian has changed to Hilo, and Princess has changed to Kona. We get Victoria and Seattle!  

It is unfortunate that your first cruise experience is like this, but hopefully your future cruises are all smooth sailing! 

In fact, for anyone who is unsatisfied with how Royal Caribbean is handling this, I strongly recommend you call Royal Caribbean customer service to make sure they know we are not happy. If enough of us calls, maybe it will remind them that customer satisfaction is what leads to repeat cruising and drives future revenue. 

Yes, please call and complain. I'm afraid they will not even hear us, but do call 18002566649 customer service.  I did, and was also unpleased with that interaction. 

The end result will be an upset passenger base during our cruise, who will demonstrate their displeasure with poor evaluations post-cruise. This will subsequently push Ovation rankings below those of other competitor ship, which will then affect future bookings. Management should realize that they have a responsibility to provide an equivalent experience. 

3 hours ago, Terrence said:

Yes, please call and complain. I'm afraid they will not even hear us, but do call 18002566649 customer service.  I did, and was also unpleased with that interaction. 

The end result will be an upset passenger base during our cruise, who will demonstrate their displeasure with poor evaluations post-cruise. This will subsequently push Ovation rankings below those of other competitor ship, which will then affect future bookings. Management should realize that they have a responsibility to provide an equivalent experience. 

I called them too and got transferred to their resolution team. They keep saying it's for security reasons, but we are not asking to go to Maui, we are simply asking to go to somewhere equivalent (ex. Hilo or Kona). In my opinion, RC did not make the effort to find another port on another Hawaiian island. Victoria and Seattle is the cheaper and easier option for them. If Norwegian can make arrangement to stop at Big Island, why not RC? Very disappointed...

The person also said there's absolutely nothing they can do to compensate us in this case--no refund, no discounts, not even onboard credits....unbelievable. 

He suggested to send a complaint email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com. I don't know anyone will respond but I think we should let them hear our feedback. 

3 hours ago, Terrence said:

Will Princess or Norwegian recognize my Pinnacle status somehow in their frequent float program? 

Terrance my friend,

Normally one would think a company like RC would treat Status holders like you with the dignity and respect that you deserve. Your dollars (or bitcoins 🤣)are what pays them. If they don't even care about you, what chance do plebs like us have??? 

In all seriousness, I have never seen status transfer like that. But hey if I was Princess or Norwegian, now is a good time to start poaching some customers! Go on twitter and @ the twitter handle of Royal Caribbean, Princess and Norwegian and ask. Shake the trees and you never know how many bears fall out 🤔

16 hours ago, Helghallen said:

I have not received the refund email, just the change of itinerary email. I'm not planning to cancel but some OBC would be nice.

We have already booked a bunch of stuff revolving around this cruise and all those changes and cancellations are a pain. It would be great if they offered something to keep us from cancellation. 

In any case, I called customer service and was initially told there is no refund. Apparently there is some major internal communication issue with Royal Caribbean. The agent had to ask the resolution team and it is true that a full refund is available. I asked if there are credits like the Panama cruise, I was told no. You should call, maybe you get a different response. Let us know if you get a different response. 😀

On 8/12/2023 at 1:54 PM, Terrence said:

Yes, Seattle is an easy choice for them and why? Because NOBODY wants to visit Seattle in October!!!

On 8/13/2023 at 3:29 PM, JessieL said:

Did anyone get this second email in the article about refund without penalty? Thanks! 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:36 PM, Iccup7 said:

image.png.02bbd79f64f0a9a930408ecabe5a860d.png

According to this article, Royal Caribbean came out and offered to refund for cancelling the cruise. Did anyone actually get this email? 

No. I haven't received this "second" email.

• 3 weeks later...

Changing the route is so disappointing. However, cruise fair I just looked online has dropped a lots. We paid around $3500 for 2 adults and 2 kids with guaranteed balcony room. Now it’s only $2330. I think because many people requested for refunds/credit and it’s less than 30 days close to the cruise date. Many staterooms become vacant. It really hurts people who paid at regular price. Cannot do anything about it. Disappointed 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - Oct 6, 2023 - Oct 15, 2023 (9 Night Hawaii Cruise)