Pre cruise testing out of southampton

Hi I’m sailing out of southampton on 14 august with my two kids. We’re all fully vaccinated/boosted. I’ve ordered do at home antigen tests to take 48 hours before we board. It’s those ( UK govt approved supplier)where you photo your results send to the lab then they send you a certificate to show you’re COVID free. Does anyone know if that will suffice as I saw an American sounding term about needing a telehealth certificate? Can anyone confirm what they did who has recently sailed out of southampton huge thanks!

These are the regulations on the RC website for sailings out of Southampton.

The 2 important parts are underlined.

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

All guests sailing from Southampton, England will need to take a test before boarding, as detailed below. Tests must be supervised with the result provided on a certificate which includes the guest’s name and date of birth. Telehealth tests are accepted, but must be completed with a supervised video visit. All tests are at the guests’ expense.

• Vaccinated guests - including those not considered 'up to date' by EMA standards - must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.  Kids 11 and younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.

At Home Tests Kits

Through our testing partners, UK & U.S.-based vaccinated guests may purchase antigen test kits  that you can complete online with a supervised virtual video visit, wherever you are, 24 hours 7 days a week to meet travel testing requirements for cruise or flight.

During the Cruise 

In addition to the pre-cruise test, guests age 12 and up who are considered not up to date with their vaccination, or are not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine, will require additional testing to be completed onboard at their own expense, in order to go ashore in select countries. To learn more about requirements by port, please visit our Europe Port Testing Requirement FAQ. 

Prior to Disembarking

No testing is required for guests of any age and vaccination status if the cruise debarks in the UK.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 8:01 PM, Mike.s said:

Boots or Lloyds pharmacy are the easiest options in the UK, and at £30 aren't too expensive.

Hi. Boots do lateral flow and antigen tests. My local Boots do the supervised lateral flow whilst the boots 50 miles away does antigen. Do RC accept the lateral flow one? 

16 hours ago, Wendy1929 said:

Hi. Boots do lateral flow and antigen tests. My local Boots do the supervised lateral flow whilst the boots 50 miles away does antigen. Do RC accept the lateral flow one? 

When we sailed out of Southampton in July, lots of people used Boots for their pre-cruise test and it was fine.