Oasis class ocean view room

Hello everyone! I want to reserve an ocean view room next year symphony of the seas.

I wanna get a 'ocean view room(not included balcony)' But i still stuck between 'facing forward room on deck 8(4N)' and near the midship in deck 3(2N)

The view of foward room(4N) is good more than midship deck 3(2N), I'm worried that I have to walk a lot when I go to the restaurant and it's far away.

because It's a biggest ship. Has anyone ever stayed in the facing foward room? Tell me about your experience.

You are correct in noting the Windjammer and the Main Dining Room are located AFT.

I stayed on the forward OV on Anthem of the Seas (the ship is not much smaller than Oasis).  I did have my kids and my husband and personally I found the walk exhausting-only because someone would inevitably forget something and I was the one to go back and get it. Or I lugged my good camera around for photos and then wanted to put it away for the night to go to the clubs-so yet another visit to the cabin.   I've not done that cabin since, but would give it a go, because I could use the exercise and I would not be traveling with young children, having to run back multiple times.

However the , solarium, spa, gym are forward so it "balances" the walking.  (so is Adventure Ocean if you happen to have kids)   If you are the type who doesn't mind walking, getting in those steps, you might enjoy the cabin though you might also hear the anchor noise early morning if on deck 8.  (maybe someone can weigh in on that)
I had the forward OV on one of the smaller ships (significantly smaller ship) and the noise (room shake) was quite noticeable when we docked, but it was a smaller ship so perhaps more noticeable.  
The view on the forward cabin is great.  Typically the cabin size is larger as well which can mean a lot if you are looking to take a break and relax in the cabin, or have a number of people you are sharing the cabin with.

I love the Oasis class ships and will frequently use Deck 8 as my walk through to get to the opposite end of the ship.  You can't beat Central Park!  
you can get a breakfast (premade egg sandwich), bagels, etc at Café Promenade in Central Park, as well as lunch-salad, their infamous roast beef sandwich and other sandwiches (and they have the bags of chips-you have to ask, they don't display them) as well as a counter for desserts and specialty coffees,  so you do not necessarily need to go to the AFT to get your food.
https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Symphony-of-the-Seas&deck=8

you also might try a google search of the cabin you are interested (0r a few different cabins from that deck area) and see if anyone has posted reviews.

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

You are correct in noting the Windjammer and the Main Dining Room are located AFT.

I stayed on the forward OV on Anthem of the Seas (the ship is not much smaller than Oasis).  I did have my kids and my husband and personally I found the walk exhausting-only because someone would inevitably forget something and I was the one to go back and get it. Or I lugged my good camera around for photos and then wanted to put it away for the night to go to the clubs-so yet another visit to the cabin.   I've not done that cabin since, but would give it a go, because I could use the exercise and I would not be traveling with young children, having to run back multiple times.

However the , solarium, spa, gym are forward so it "balances" the walking.  (so is Adventure Ocean if you happen to have kids)   If you are the type who doesn't mind walking, getting in those steps, you might enjoy the cabin though you might also hear the anchor noise early morning if on deck 8.  (maybe someone can weigh in on that)
I had the forward OV on one of the smaller ships (significantly smaller ship) and the noise (room shake) was quite noticeable when we docked, but it was a smaller ship so perhaps more noticeable.  
The view on the forward cabin is great.  Typically the cabin size is larger as well which can mean a lot if you are looking to take a break and relax in the cabin, or have a number of people you are sharing the cabin with.

I love the Oasis class ships and will frequently use Deck 8 as my walk through to get to the opposite end of the ship.  You can't beat Central Park!  
you can get a breakfast (premade egg sandwich), bagels, etc at Café Promenade in Central Park, as well as lunch-salad, their infamous roast beef sandwich and other sandwiches (and they have the bags of chips-you have to ask, they don't display them) as well as a counter for desserts and specialty coffees,  so you do not necessarily need to go to the AFT to get your food.
https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Symphony-of-the-Seas&deck=8

you also might try a google search of the cabin you are interested (0r a few different cabins from that deck area) and see if anyone has posted reviews.

I totally understand what you're saying. I got a lot of help. Thank you.