Are shows typically at a specific time?

For me because I have younger kids and older grandparents, we like to do the earlier shows eg. the 8pm headliner etc. Thats why we always choose the earlier dining time on all of our cruises. But generally you shows usually follow the same times as past sailings. If you can find a cruise compass for a previous cruise within the same year its more likely to follow the same schedule baring some unexpected issues. 

The shows will start at 7pm and go on until around 11pm. You can look at the previous compasses and to work your schedule around. I will usually schedule all my dinners around 8:15pm, so I can either catch the 7/7:15pm show or something after 9. 

15 hours ago, Shanet94 said:

We did my time dining and trying to book a few of the specialty dinners as well. Are main shows always at a specific time or do they vary day to day? Trying to figure out when to eat so we do not miss any of the entertainment 🙂

On our Mariner cruise last month, the times varied.  For example, 7, 8, 9, 10ish.  But the general idea is that whether you eat early or late, you can catch one of the two iterations of the same nightly show.  Occasionally, a show is only offered once, such as a special performance by two Royal Caribbean singers on our cruise.  Note:  Comedians are a bit different as the adult content generally forces a late-night time slot.