Husband & Wife Crown & Royal status question

paolo

My wife and i have  cruised together since our honeymoon in 2011. I just got an email saying ive earned platinum status at 31 points. However, my wife is still under Gold status at 24 points. We have checked both our past cruises and they match. What do you think is the error in our situation?

note: I've booked our most recent cruise with our children ages 9 & 4 under my account. Does it have something to do with it? 

In the past cruises section it states how many points each cruise earned. 

Was there a cruise in a suite where you received the extra points but your wife did not?   Regardless call C&A and discuss it with them.  A husband, wife and dependent children under 18 can be placed in a relationship so that you all will have the highest status that either of the parents have earned.  

13 hours ago, paolo said:

My wife and i have  cruised together since our honeymoon in 2011. I just got an email saying ive earned platinum status at 31 points. However, my wife is still under Gold status at 24 points. We have checked both our past cruises and they match. What do you think is the error in our situation?

note: I've booked our most recent cruise with our children ages 9 & 4 under my account. Does it have something to do with it? 

If you booked a separate room for your children there would have had to have an adult on the room. Most likely your wife was booked with your kids and only earned normal credit, while you received double points for being alone in the room.

No matter the circumstance, you call C & A and have them explain it to you.  As stated above, you can also link your accounts so that you share status regardless of points.

I had a very similar situation a few years back.  For reasons that we never discovered, Dan had 7 points more than I did even though we have cruised together every time.  I called C&A and the CSR hunted and calculated but could never figure it out.  In the end he just gave me the 7 points so that we “matched” and that was the end of it.  We have had the same # of points ever since.  Hopefully it will be that easy for you.