Transportation Options from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

baltodave

Hi all,

Sorry if this has already been discussed (if so, please post a link to the thread).

Which transportation company do people recommend for going from the Orlando airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral (and, of course, back)?  There are 4 in our party and we are taking Oasis of the Seas June 25th.

Thanks everyone!

If you are renting a car, I recommend staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canveral, FL  32920  321-323-1100).  

The hotel and the Hertz rental car agency share a parking lot so you can rent a car from Hertz at the airport, drive to Cape Canaveral, use the car as long as you want, return it after hours to the Hertz parking lot (they have a drop box for the keys) and walk across the parking lot to the hotel.

I just booked the Royal Caribbean shuttle (bus) back to the airport from the port at the end of the cruise, but there are other options for getting back to the airport.  I just find the shuttle to be the easiest thing to do.  Others don't care for the shuttle service.

The 1 night booking at the Residence Inn (June 2016) was $288.70 (includes all taxes, etc.) which is about standard for a 1 night rental in Canaveral near the port.  I don't recall what the 1 day, 1 way car rental was from Hertz but it was very reasonable.  There was a small cost for the hotel shuttle to the port on embark day but it wasn't much.  Reasonable.

The shuttle for getting back to the airport from Port Canaveral is $37.50 PP IIRC.

If you are renting a car, I recommend staying at the Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (8959 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canveral, FL  32920  321-323-1100).  

The hotel and the Hertz rental car agency share a parking lot so you can rent a car from Hertz at the airport, drive to Cape Canaveral, use the car as long as you want, return it after hours to the Hertz parking lot (they have a drop box for the keys) and walk across the parking lot to the hotel.

I just booked the Royal Caribbean shuttle (bus) back to the airport from the port at the end of the cruise, but there are other options for getting back to the airport.  I just find the shuttle to be the easiest thing to do.  Others don't care for the shuttle service.

The 1 night booking at the Residence Inn (June 2016) was $288.70 (includes all taxes, etc.) which is about standard for a 1 night rental in Canaveral near the port.  I don't recall what the 1 day, 1 way car rental was from Hertz but it was very reasonable.  There was a small cost for the hotel shuttle to the port on embark day but it wasn't much.  Reasonable.

The shuttle for getting back to the airport from Port Canaveral is $37.50 PP IIRC.

The shuttle that you mentioned for $37.50 from the port. Is that the Royal Caribbean one and if so, how do you sign up for that?