Was there always gratuity on VOOM or is that something new?

Was there always gratuity on VOOM when combined with a beverage package?  I was just looking at prices for my cruise and I selected beverage with VOOM and there was gratuity added.  The package without VOOM, the gratuity was lower.

Or this just an accounting error?  

8D5F2ED6-4964-4898-9DC6-13BB6D184A97_4_5005_c.jpeg

F3F6014E-341D-47CE-9136-EF8DBD9D59C8_4_5005_c.jpeg

As you already know, the beverage generates the gratuity. As for its calculation, perhaps the VOOM was discounted in the package and the soda remained full price (e.g., higher than the soda sale price).  No one seems to understand Royal Math...  I do agree with you that the gratuity on the package seems too high, so your question is a good one!

50 minutes ago, KenCP said:

Was there always gratuity on VOOM when combined with a beverage package?  I was just looking at prices for my cruise and I selected beverage with VOOM and there was gratuity added.  The package without VOOM, the gratuity was lower.

Or this just an accounting error?  

Out of curiosity, I checked on this.  It appears to me that on the backend side of the bundle, the beverage package portion of it is discounted less compared with purchased by itself while the internet package portion is discounted more than when bought alone.  So even though there's a lower overall price with the bundle, the gratuities are higher because the beverage package portion of the bundle is getting less of a discount.

18 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

Out of curiosity, I checked on this.  It appears to me that on the backend side of the bundle, the beverage package portion of it is discounted less compared with purchased by itself while the internet package portion is discounted more than when bought alone.  So even though there's a lower overall price with the bundle, the gratuities are higher because the beverage package portion of the bundle is getting less of a discount.

I thought this at first, but with the gratuity about $17 higher, the soda price would be about 90CAD higher... which doesn't make sense to me.  it is almost like the soda is being charged (for gratuity purposes) at the on-the-ship price or something.