WOW sale started

Hey all. RC website now shows the WOW sale is going on -- 60% off second guest, bonus OBC, and $50 off deposit.

Just got an email about this from my TA. Saved us a TON as the sale knocked just shy of $800 off each of our state rooms (having originally booked during the end-of-year sale) as well as giving us $100 in OBC.

I know there's been a lot of discussion here lately about how the rates really are best if you book 18-24 months ahead, and that they just don't get any better even with promotions; but seeing as we could "only" book 15 months out, I'm really glad our TA Heather at MEI Travel was able to get us these savings!

And THIS is why you use a travel agent.  :D 

wow...that is a deal....although I would hate to see what you must have first paid for your rooms if you got $800 off each one and they are still not free!...ha

I haven't noticed anything great as I was looking for a friend today who wants to travel in April......prices look the same to me for the most part as they have for the past 6 mths...

We have a pair of connecting superior balcony rooms on an 8-night cruise on Freedom on March 31, 2018. Initial price was $3,240 each, knocked down to $2,486. I'm guessing the price is what it is because ( A ) it's spring break for a lot of schools, including our kids'; and ( B ) it's Good Friday / Easter weekend and is likely being counted as a holiday fare.

Well, in other threads about pricing, some folks were saying that RCI plays with the base price to control how fast the sailing books up. Maybe they didn't have as much booked on this particular sailing as they needed / wanted / expected, so they threw in a base price drop in combination with the promo to spike the sales a bit or get some room classes better filled out.

Whatever the reason, believe you me that I'm not complaining! Here's hoping people continue to not buy cabins on that ship and help drive the price down more! ;)

We continue to obtain best deal by booking early. We booked our Nov 2017 9 night Navigator for well over a year ago. I just checked and we paid $3375 and the price today is $4881.

Our May 2017 Harmony cruise was booked shortly after it came available and that one is up over $700.

Booked our Feb 2018 Vision last month while onboard Indy during the 30/30 and price dropped $35.