Drinks packages

Shane

Hi,On a 2nd cruise in November for 13 nights and just wondering what drinks packages to purchase,wife doesn't drink and I like to have around 3 to 4 glasses of wine per day(I am on holiday!!).On the cruise we have just been on we had the select package thrown in, soft drinks,wine & beer,I know they no longer do this and having priced up a soda package and a luxury package it comes to around £650.What are the prices on board for soft drinks and wine?I also know there is another 18% to pay on top.Im also mindful of when we arrive at ports and disembark for the day that we wont be utilising the package.What would you do?

Thanks.  

I'd probably skip the package and bring two bottles of wine on with you and then just buy wine by the glass ($8+) or by the bottle ($28+).

Skip the package and buy ala carte.  You can buy a bottle of wine for dinner and what you don't consume at that time, your server will write your name on the bottle and you can enjoy the balance the following night.   I know you are on vacation, but would you spend $1000-1100 for two weeks liquor at home? If you would, buy the package.  

Just curiosity but would at any point the price decrease from

PRICES STARTING FROM*42.57 GBP Adult per day

​as I have heard that you can save upto 20%?

Thanks

Don't know what the conversion rate is but I did get a 20% off last December.  It happens, but not as often as you would like.  Since your cruise is in November, I'd get the package and keep an eye on it.  If it comes down you can cancel it and get the cheaper one.  Usually if the drink package comes down someone here will post about it so keep your eyes here too.

Can non-alcoholic beverages from the deluxe beverage package be ordered for room service? I know alcohol cannot be ordered but am unsure about bottled water, premium coffee, and freshly-squeezed juice.

Only complimentary beverages can be ordered through research without being charged which would include basic juices (not fresh squeezed), regular coffee, and regular hot tea.

Just curiosity but would at any point the price decrease from

PRICES STARTING FROM*42.57 GBP Adult per day

​as I have heard that you can save upto 20%?

Thanks

I am booked on Vision of the Seas from Dubai on 6 Feb.  I have been watching the drink prices many times each day hoping for a price drop.  When the currency exchange rate went up, so did the price.  Coming up to the deadline now and had to bite the bullet and bought for £45.10.  Since I booked the cruise I never saw a sale for the drinks or VOOM.  I saw price fluctuations as the exchange rate changed with a total range of about £20.00 for the week.

Feel a bit let down hearing about all these RCCL sales that do not apply to the UK customers.  If only airfare wasnt so high, I'd just stick to sailing the Caribbean.

For the Vision cruise I have booked this summer (British Isles), the discounted price is $44 plus gratuity, which comes to $51.92 per day. At today's exchange rate, that's £41.31, so what you paid is in the ballpark of my "discounted" drink package.

Only complimentary beverages can be ordered through research without being charged which would include basic juices (not fresh squeezed), regular coffee, and regular hot tea.

I think you meant "room service" not "research", but I understand your message.  If the drink package can't be used for room service, I think I am better off just buying the drinks as I go.  Thanks for the info.

For the Vision cruise I have booked this summer (British Isles), the discounted price is $44 plus gratuity, which comes to $51.92 per day. At today's exchange rate, that's £41.31, so what you paid is in the ballpark of my "discounted" drink package.

That £45.10 I quoted is before the 18% gratuity.  With grauity it amounts to £53.22 per day.  Â£12 more than your discount. per day.

That £45.10 I quoted is before the 18% gratuity. With grauity it amounts to £53.22 per day. £12 more than your discount. per day.

I assumed that your quoted price includes gratuities. Sorry for missing that.

I have seen the pricing vary quite a bit between my post cruise, do I'm not sure what determines the discount.

We have just returned fro Dubai on the vision. As stated we already had a package that was thrown in whereas beer,wine and soft drinks were inclusive(select)I think.This one package doesn't suit all however there's a choice to be made-Pay for the deluxe or don't,will keep my eye on any potential discounts but wont hold my breath.