English cruisers and vaccination evidence (via check-in App)

We hope its 4th time lucky that we actually get on our long awaited cruise in June but struggling to have our vaccination status validated on the check-in App.  Does anyone know how UK cruisers, whose vaccination status is only visible via an App, can upload a photo of this that actually gets approved?   I have tried just the barcode, taking pics of each 'section', taking a photo of the entire phone screen and no matter what, they reject. 

Have looked at every single FAQ and info RCI publish but it seems geared towards US citizens. 

On the upside, we have our Guest Ticket booklet and have secured a check in boarding time etc. but this part remains an issue. We will be able to show the App when we physically check-in but seemingly have no way of evidencing this in advance.  Any hints and tips welcome!

For a USA Cruise I had same thing, they rejected the printed certificate with the QR code no matter how i tried to upload it.

I uploaded the card that you got at the vax centre- even though it states its not proof of vaccination, and that was accepted!  i will take both the card and the certificate to the port anyway.

I can only assume the people validating it are in the USA and are not used to non USA certificates.

They do a manual check so I don't think it makes any difference.

46 minutes ago, Tracy Lynn said:

We hope its 4th time lucky that we actually get on our long awaited cruise in June but struggling to have our vaccination status validated on the check-in App.  Does anyone know how UK cruisers, whose vaccination status is only visible via an App, can upload a photo of this that actually gets approved?   I have tried just the barcode, taking pics of each 'section', taking a photo of the entire phone screen and no matter what, they reject. 

Have looked at every single FAQ and info RCI publish but it seems geared towards US citizens. 

On the upside, we have our Guest Ticket booklet and have secured a check in boarding time etc. but this part remains an issue. We will be able to show the App when we physically check-in but seemingly have no way of evidencing this in advance.  Any hints and tips welcome!

I took pictures of the PDF that the app lets you download, this was accepted, we also added the booster jab details without issue.

Hiya, Gavvy is absolutely correct - we live in the UK and had our vaccinations and booster accordingly. We simply took pictures on the app of the covid-19 vaccination cards that you received at the time and then these were validated on the app accordingly. Please note, that you have to take a photo of your first card showing the two original vaccinations and then you take a separate photo of your booster one - hope this helps and good luck - by the way, took RCC approx 5 days to validate from loading

22 hours ago, MikeS22 said:

Hiya, Gavvy is absolutely correct - we live in the UK and had our vaccinations and booster accordingly. We simply took pictures on the app of the covid-19 vaccination cards that you received at the time and then these were validated on the app accordingly. Please note, that you have to take a photo of your first card showing the two original vaccinations and then you take a separate photo of your booster one - hope this helps and good luck - by the way, took RCC approx 5 days to validate from loading

I have only used the digital NHS pass for travel(with RCI last October). I have my original vaccine card but I never received a written card for the booster(Yikes). 

On NHS Scotland vaccine website you can request paper copies of vaccine status not sure if English site would offer this.

You can also download the files which makes it a lot easier for sites that allow you to upload documents 

App does not offer you this choice only website 

Hello, Just as a follow up to my previous message, as we know only too well how important it is to have proof of our vaccinations available etc - in the UK, we ordered paper copies of our vaccination records to take along on boarding day and just in case our mobile app fails etc.

To get a paper copy headed by the NHS and giving 2D barcodes which can be scanned and last up to 30 days - simply type in 'paper copy of covid pass' into your subject line and then you'll see one of the links will be for a paper copy via the NHS website - simple as that - it takes about 5 working days to then come through the post, but at least then you have everything you need - finally, you can order for multiple people via the same NHS link, ie you don't have to log out of anything and go back in - the only 'key thing' you'll need is your NHS number, which you can find on any prescription you may get or finally you can simply call your GP surgery for the number - hope this helps and happy cruising