Disembarkation?

So on our second cruise we didn't set our luggage out the night before the last day. This meant we had to be in the first group that leaves the ship and walk off with luggage in hand. Well we found that it was so much easier than waiting in the different areas and then going through the mess of locating your luggage in the big disembarkation area.

My question is now people wait in their cabin until the appropriate time. Is it possible to walk off with your luggage at a later time? Or am I just asking for trouble. We have a late flight out of Orlando so we have a long day at the airport. Not sure if I want to try and do something during the day with having to drag luggage around.

The desire is for self-assist folks to leave before the masses so you don't have folks dragging their luggage slowing down the folks that don't have luggage when leaving the ship. 

I always self-assist and invariably there are some other self-assist folks that don't manage their luggage very well. 

Today for example was the typical older couple struggling to pretend they are 20 years younger trying to pull off self-assist combined with the younger kids that struggled to drag their luggage and keep up with parents who were in a hurry and the coffee drinker with a handbag on one arm, two suitcases, a large beach bag hanging off one suitcase that kept flopping the wrong way while she was talking on the cell phone and holding up everyone else behind her meanwhile her exasperated husband is twenty steps ahead but he has to stop occasionally in the middle of the flow to wait for her.  

It works better if all self-assist guests flow together and all luggage tag people flow together.  

Also you really need to be out of the cabin by 8am at the lastest so cabin attendants can begin to clean them.  The ships isn't much fun to hang around on the last morning with nothing open and little to do.

Having said that they won't stop you from leaving later as a self-assist guest.  At least be kind enough to vacate your cabin early so your cabin attendant can get their jobs done.  Turn around day is their most stressful and work laden day.  Don't make their job longer and harder than it has to be.