Windjammer reservations?

Gram

It says in the app under the Windjammer dining section that reservations are recommended. I called customer service and was told they were, but if you didn’t have seating was limited. I have searched everywhere in the app to find a place to set up reservations. Is this truly a thing? We’ve never had to do this on past cruises.  Thanks!

17 hours ago, Gram said:

It says in the app under the Windjammer dining section that reservations are recommended. I called customer service and was told they were, but if you didn’t have seating was limited. I have searched everywhere in the app to find a place to set up reservations. Is this truly a thing? We’ve never had to do this on past cruises.  Thanks!

Wow.  No kidding - look at that!   I just checked and it really does say that in the app! Never saw that before, and I certainly have never had reservations at the Windjammer.  You just walk-in, washy-washy, and head to the buffet!  Sometimes there is a line at opening time, but it clears pretty quickly.  I think this must be a mis-print or copy-over from some other section of the app.  Anyone? 

2022-03-10 10.10.07.jpg

24 minutes ago, Pooch said:

It’s a holdover from when cruises restarted. There was pretty strict social distancing and reservations helped with that.  Don’t think it’s still a thing , just that the verbiage has not been updated.

Great to know.  Thanks.   There were no reservations required for Windjammer on Harmony last week cruising at 60% capacity.

9 hours ago, Pooch said:

It’s a holdover from when cruises restarted. There was pretty strict social distancing and reservations helped with that.  Don’t think it’s still a thing , just that the verbiage has not been updated.

Thanks! I knew we had never needed them previously and thought it was strange! Our last time to cruise was in February 2020 just before everything shut down and got crazy!