FCC

Good evening everyone!

I have a few questions and also need advice. I’m not sure if anyone has run into this situation.

I booked a cruise back around August 2020 at the start of covid for March 2021 without knowing the impact/toll it was going to take on the cruising industry.

Fast forward.. the cruise was cancelled due to the global cancellations and was offered to refund or a future cruise credit for 125%. I took the 125% FCC since I thought it was a great deal and I could book a cruise another time while the storm passes so to say…

I then went I booked a cruise for September 2021 without know what the future holds. We’ll fast forward to June and I had my full remaining payment due or else it was going to be cancelled, well I paid it since I had no choice…

Prior to making the final payment and afterwards I was continuously searching and calling royal for CDC/cruising restriction updates.. and as things were evolving no one had a clue of what was happening or what was going to happen. 2 weeks later a while list of restrictions and vaccine requirements came out holding my money hostage as from my understanding I couldn’t get a refund for what I just paid cash or the FCC since my money was converted into a certificate.. crazy!

So I went and cancelled it once again to see if maybe these restrictions are alleviated, since I don’t agree with all of them nor would I want to enjoy a cruise with them, mind you at the time of their announcement I was already out of a refund or any option which I don’t believe it’s correct.

Agents also give a variety of answers or they don’t know.

Is there anything that can possible be done in this unfair situation, I wouldn’t want to lose all my money?

Hello and welcome to the boards!  So many of us are in the same predicament…LIMBO…and it is truly very stressful.  There has never been a clear direction as to what anyone can do.  Some have been lucky enough to call and get back the FCC in cash.  Some…not so lucky.  I had a group with our first cruise booked in 2019 for a sail date of April 2020…COVID hit and after many changes later some in my group are still trying to get their monies back.  One suggestion some in my group are currently trying…putting in a dispute with their credit card companies.  
I can tell you that my agreed upon resolution with Royal has still not been completed but once it is I will be 100% satisfied and I am getting a bit anxious because I thought it would have been finalized by now.  
It is so unfortunate what happened and I truly believe Royal is not out to keep anyone’s money.  I think they would do everyone a big favor by just either extending the FCC indefinitely or refunding and allowing their customers to start fresh.  Royal certainly has a very large following and their customer service should reflect their willingness to make amends for the disastrous happenings of the past few years.

On 3/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, Johnson84 said:

FCC is an absolute joke, I will never take the 125% again, Definitely not worth it. I have spent countless hours on the phone with RC trying to get credits which finally happened but I don't believe I received all of it but I gave up and excepted what I finally got....

Agree100%. We had 2 cruises canceled and accepted the 125% FCC both times.  We booked the third and few months before the sailing RC  randomly choose to refund our money. We had made at least two down payments, even though they had been canceled.  The refunds were impossible to figure out, and like you, I still think I came out behind in the process. I am positive that we didn’t get 125% of anything.  When it comes to money transparency is critical and RC seems to prefer to muddy the waters.  We love cruising with RC but will never accept an FCC ever again is I can possibly avoid it.

I to have had issues with FCC. Was trying to be the good supporter of Royal Caribbean going through a tough situation but I will not do a FCC again. Not only didn't get 125% credit but I didn't even get 100% credited. And Royal claims my FCC were all used up on one cruise. Not even close. Hopefully will all work out in the end. I love Royal but maybe time to find another cruise line.