The Key Question

IzzyB

What are the things you get priority booking for?  We are going Thanksgiving week and so I know the boat will be more packed than normal and I am afraid of long lines.  So wasn't sure if They Key on Symphony of the Seas would assist us in avoiding some crowds.  But I have a 5, 7, and 11 year old so wasn't sure if it would be things that they would be interested in.  Right now it says rock wall, flow rider, and more.  Not sure what the and more is.  I think only one of my kids will be tall enough for flow rider.  Not sure as the 7 year old could grow taller, I think she is 50ish inches now.

Thanks Matt.  I didn't realize it was certain times for the rock climbing wall and flow rider.  I thought you got to book a time.  Showing up 45 minutes early for shows doesn't sound ideal.  So now that I look at it all it isn't worth it since it is so costly right now for a Thanksgiving cruise.  Mine does not list room service or dining discounts, so it is even less perks.

I only saw one sign that was for "The Key".  We followed the sign but it led us to the same place with everyone else in line.  The line wasn't long because of reduced capacity so no big deal.  The lunch in the main dining room was good but it took forever and we almost decided to skip it.  Our carry on bags were in our room but they would have been fine with us as we waited for lunch.  By the time we got out of the main dining room the staterooms were already open so once again the bags could have stayed with us especially since there was a long line to check the bags in.  We had separate internet packages but we could have done as well with a single device internet package and shared it. 

I was a bit confused about free room service but that wasn't included.  The doors to the shows didn't seem to be open early for anyone with The Key but perhaps everyone had The Key.  I honestly don't think The Key opened up anything at all but we wanted to try it ... once was enough.

we always buy the key. Its definitely not for everyone but we find a lot of value in it. We always buy wifi so its a no brainer for us. Priority boarding is awesome, we just sailed on independence and walked into the terminal at 11:30am checked in at the key priority desk and walked on the ship...awesome. Boarding day lunch at Chops is very nice. My son is super active and lives on the flowrider. The keys times for the various activities allow for a shorter line to enjoy more time. You will see 2 or 3 times during the week for each of the activities (flowrider, rock wall, zip line etc). When the ships are back at full capacity the reserved show seating is very nice. On disembarkation day you will walk past all the people lined up to get off the ship and be on your way. If you can get it for $22 or $23/day I recommend the purchase.