Booked guaranteed ocean view - when is the room assigned?

When you get your set sail after check in load it to apple wallet and you will see the last 4 digits on the barcode will be your number.  This shows up sooner than it does in your documents.  Also if your muster drill location changes, that means it has been assigned.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:07 AM, MLH said:

When you get your set sail after check in load it to apple wallet and you will see the last 4 digits on the barcode will be your number.  This shows up sooner than it does in your documents.  Also if your muster drill location changes, that means it has been assigned.

This is the BEST post I’ve seen yet!  Thanks for the tip!  This is our first cruise and we’ve been checking daily to see our GTY room assignment.  I know it may change, but it’s exciting to see where we are currently assigned.  Thanks!

On the 30th of January we booked a boardwalk balcony View guarantee cabin on wonder of the Seas for the August 14th sailing out of Barcelona checking on cruise planner today I see they have assigned me a cabin number it also appears to be not a boardwalk View cabin but a Central Park View cabin which in my mind is a bit of an upgrade because it's more centrally located for Less "ocean motion" and I think it's also less likely to have loud noise outside then being further back toward the aqua theater and pool, that's my experience your mileage may vary.

We just booked our first guarantee balcony, never have done this before but the price was too good to give up. We sail July 26th 2022 so just months away. I'll be interested to go through this process to see how it works and what cabin we get. I heard that loyal Royal passengers get taken care of better as far as cabin assignment goes, is that true? We are Emerald but after the 2 cruises this year we'll be Diamond.  Oh by the way this is the shortest cruise we have ever taken as its only 4 days, our depart time is 3:00 PM. Is that normal for shorter cruises or just happens from time to time? I LOVE it actually, get on early and get going early.