OBC refunds when an excursion is canceled.

MuttMutt

So I booked a dive in Cozumel on my next sailing but it looks like the odds are against it happening.  If it is canceled how long will it take for the OBC to come back or is it just lost?  I know it will take a few days for the rest of the payment to go back to the card but I would rather not lose the OBC to the void.

3 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

So I booked a dive in Cozumel on my next sailing but it looks like the odds are against it happening.  If it is canceled how long will it take for the OBC to come back or is it just lost?  I know it will take a few days for the rest of the payment to go back to the card but I would rather not lose the OBC to the void.

Before the cruise, if I used promotional OBC and Royal cancelled the cruise, I lost it.  I also lost the OBC for visa points.   Royal tries to make up for it by giving OBC on the rescheduled cruise (not always same amount).   Now DURING a cruise, if Royal canceled a port call, we always got credit in a day or two.  That was my experience in 2019.