Off site parking Bayonne.

Censored

• my only experience with the off site parking was not a good one.  Mind you this was a few years back.   Something must have happened on our particular sailing or it's super bad if you get off the ship later -we had 2 handicapped people utilizing the wheelchair disembarkation process....that in itself was extremely time consuming..and we were practically the last off the ship. There were horrific back ups for cars coming in to do drop offs for the next cruise as well as for people trying to get in to do pick ups.  We must have just missed a shuttle, and we waited well over 1 1/2 hours to get the next one as traffic was at a crawl......Meanwhile we had family members who had utilized the on site parking garage and they were home while we were still waiting.
  •  

It’s a toss up between price and convenience. For me, it’s the convenience of parking at the terminal and walking onto the ship without having to worry about space availability (it’s guaranteed) or have to hope there is a reliable, not crowded, fully functional on time shuttle. Plus, I do early walk-off with my luggage and I’m in my car and out of the garage in minutes. So I consider the price of parking as part of my cruise fare.

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

It’s a toss up between price and convenience. For me, it’s the convenience of parking at the terminal and walking onto the ship without having to worry about space availability (it’s guaranteed) or have to hope there is a reliable, not crowded, fully functional on time shuttle. Plus, I do early walk-off with my luggage and I’m in my car and out of the garage in minutes. So I consider the price of parking as part of my cruise fare.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the terminal parking. When I get off the ship, I'll want to just start heading home, not having to wait for a shuttle and stuff.

11 hours ago, silenttuba said:

So, I'm curious...I live close enough to the terminal that I can take a Lyft/Uber for about $30 each way (20-30 minutes travel time). Is there any reason to park rather than take a cab?

That’s makes sense for you. Cheap and reliable. You will be dropped off right in front of the terminal where the porter will take your luggage from the trunk. When you get off the ship, the car can pick you up right in front as soon as you step outside. There is no reason to bring your own car…except if you’re like me. I like to drive myself, be in control and not have to depend on anyone to be there when I expect them.