Upper Age Limit for Shore Excursions?

Scatmanjack

9 hours ago, Tuffy said:

Has anyone successfully challenged the age 65 limit for biking and kayaking in Honduras? Ski resorts have senior ticket pricing for people over 65. This age limit seems ridiculous.

I tried to book a snorkeling excursion once, but as the cutoff was 65, Cruise Planner wouldn't let me register.  My guess is that a 3rd party provider might be more flexible.  The maximum age seems to vary by provider.

• 9 months later...

This makes no sense.  I tried to book an excursion for 3 people in our group (over age 65)  

However, I think there is clearly no understanding of this particular excursion.  

The requirements are as follows:

Minimum age: 5

Minimum weight: 88 lbs.

Minimum height: 5'

Maximum age: 65

So, if following these rules, a 5-year-old would have to weigh 88 lbs. & be 5' tall!!  That is something I have never seen!!

• 3 weeks later...

We did the underground river tour in Coz one winter. Went back to Coz in early Dec the same year with our kids and tried to book it again. Wouldn't let us because we had both turned 65 (considered elderly) in between.

I understand the age limits to some degree. Some people are old in their 50s but some are still young in their 70s & 80s. You should be able to sign a waiver of something if you are over the age limit.

• 3 weeks later...

We just visited Coz and went snorkeling at Punta Sur - We are visiting Honduras next month and tried to schedule a snorkeling excursion Tabyana Beach - my husband, that just swam 1/2 a mile to snorkel, is not able to register because he is 67.  Are you kidding???

Has anyone ever had this ruling changed with a Drs note???