Beware!!!

Laura M

Beware!  I signed up for a dinner package for an upcoming cruise, and RC charged my credit card twice for it. I’ve had three hour long phone calls so far, but my account has not been credited for the overage. Just be warned that once they take your money they won’t give it back!!!

I started the process about two weeks ago. When I last spoke to them two days ago they said I would have a credit the next day. I gave them two days but still have nothing. The first refund for half of it came through the day after I spoke to them. And it takes an hour each time I call. 

39 minutes ago, Laura M said:

I gave them two days but still have nothing. The first refund for half of it came through the day after I spoke to them.

So you have gotten some back or not? They did a refund for us in 2 separate transactions once. We just had to keep an eye on our card account to make sure the total was correctly credited. And like @SpeedNoodlessays, 7 - 10 business days, can sometimes almost be 3 weeks in total days.

Keep your eyes open.  RC refunded a canceled a specialty dinner reservation to our credit card 1 too many times.  They must of caught it and instead of reversing the extra refund credit they tacked it on to our cruise fare.  The web site said we had paid for the cruise in full yet our cruise invoice showed a balance equal to the extra refund amount.  I thought it was fixed but after 2 separate calls (at 2 hours apiece) it still isn't right.  I actually paid the amount and the next credit card statement showed the "system" refunded it to our CC again.  They have now opened an IT incident ticket.  I worry the cruise will be canceled if I don't get it fixed by the final cruise payment date.

They told me to cancel the dinner package in hopes that everything charged would get refunded through the system. Unfortunately only the true package price was refunded. The overage hasn’t been refunded. I want to rebook the dinner package but can’t until the credit is given. We sail in two weeks!

Just call your credit card company, that's what they are for; I don't waste my time dealing with customer service {for any company} with issues such as these. It is truly a fraudulent charge, and is your card holders responsibility to address.

AMEX has these kind of things cleared up in a matter of hours, and your statement balance credited almost immediately.