Delayed Boarding on Independence due to "Medical Denmark on previous sailing".

megmyers5

Received an email last night from Royal Caribbean telling me my boarding was delayed until 3:00 today by my Set Sale pass still says 12.30.  Which is it?

Makes me nervous that it may be tied to positive Covid case on previous sale.  Is RCI required to release this information?  Worry about increased risk of exposure due to this.

They were delayed due to a medical disembarkation in Nassau.  

They are not required to release any more information as to the nature of the medical emergency.

In situations like this, the SetSail passes won't get updated with the later boarding time they are asking you to adhere to.  

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9349681

Cruisemapper shows her current position as being on her way into Port Canaveral. 

All we can do is make assumptions, but it's my understanding that this was a medical emergency that had them staying in Nassau until very late last night to where their return to Port Canaveral was delayed until 10am.  

Someone Facebook reported the captain came on the current sailing and stated it was NOT COVID related @megmyers5 so hopefully that gives you a little peace of mind.  Once the ship docks it has to be cleared by authorities and then they have to disembark the current passengers which they estimate will not be any time before 11:30am.

If you are driving yourself to port and parking there, just prepare for things to be a bit busier as the departing guests are getting off and I'm sure there will be a lot of new passengers that didn't get the notice of the delay and will be arriving at their originally scheduled time. The Cove is walking distance from the terminal so if you have to arrive early you can walk over there and have a nice lunch and hang out at the restaurants over there.

Pack your patience. These things happen!