Newbie on the Allure

PTS73

Question to the esteemed group:

Heading out next week!

Can we take a case of water on the boat? What is the best way to do so?

If you have on board credits, can you transfer them to another room (i.e. pay for someone else's gratuities)?

Any reports of the Drink Cards ever available on the Allure? (Alcohol Card for 10 drinks and also the Coffee Cafe one for 15 drinks)

Can you store items in the mini bar fridge? (I.e. buy a bucket of beer, and take a few back to the room for later)

Thanks Folks, getting excited!

PS, open to any tips for the Allure also!

I spent two weeks on the Allure this past Feb. FANTASTIC Ship!!! I can't address all of your questions, but be sure to book your entertainment shows & times before you get on board the ship. Same goes for any excursions you may want to go on. I would recommend you call RC and ask those specific questions you have. Oh, try Johnny Rockets for breakfast and order "the works". If you like Bloody Marys, try the Bow & Stern Pub on deck 5 and order the BLT Bloody Mary. Yes, it comes with bacon, lettuce & tomato.....as well as vodka.

The Allure is a huge ship with lots of things to do and see. Have a great cruise!

Can we take a case of water on the boat? What is the best way to do so?

Yes, here is a good explanation: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/questions/can-i-bring-bottled-water-my-royal-caribbean-cruise

If you have on board credits, can you transfer them to another room (i.e. pay for someone else's gratuities)?

Not that I am aware of, but you could go to Guest Services onboard and ask.  I think it has more to do with the rules about the OBC than anything else. 

Any reports of the Drink Cards ever available on the Allure? (Alcohol Card for 10 drinks and also the Coffee Cafe one for 15 drinks)

We did not see any on Allure in February

Can you store items in the mini bar fridge? (I.e. buy a bucket of beer, and take a few back to the room for later)

Yes. Have the cabin attendant clear it out first.  The fridge is quite small and not very cold, but you can store whatever you can fit in there.

Be aware that Royal's policy does NOT allow drinks of any kind to be brought onboard with three exception of two bottles of wine per cabin. However, in practice, they rarely enforce this rule especially if you're only bringing on a modest amount. Keep it shrink wrapped, carry it on, and be okay with having it confiscated. For me it's worth the risk of losing a few dollars.

• 3 weeks later...

So the water thing is strange. I believe the policy is no, but I think Royal does not enforce the water policy. I have seen so many people bring a case of water and put a luggage tag on it and it gets delivered to the room. I will be doing this on the Allure in January

You will be fine. Put the water in your carry on luggage and don't ask or tell.