New Cruise Planner?

IRMO12HD

I feel like a complete newbie asking this -- but, I guess in this case I fit the description!  My daughter decided she wanted to go on Oasis with me at the beginning of December.  She's been added to the reservation, and everything's paid for  . . . I've made several purchases for her on my Cruise Planner, because I wanted to grab the deals.  My question is . . . when she goes to set up her RCL account (she's never cruised before), and gets a Cruise Planner, will she see the same things on her CP that I do on mine?  She'll obviously be using the same Reservation #, but I'm not sure what she'll see, and I don't want her to purchase things that I've already purchased for her, if she doesn't see what I see.  Also, I've already checked her in, to a certain extent, but didn't have her CC# for charges.  Will CP let her edit her Check In?

Yeah you can see the same things in cruise planner it's tied to the reservation.

I wouldn't do that if you bought anything as a surprise because she'll see it. My partner tried to surprise me with lunch at Jamie's on a previous cruise but didn't realize how often I logged in and I saw it. It was still nice but definitely something to be mindful of.

On the flip side it's nice and does mean they can check to make sure something else wasn't purchased before purchasing.

10 hours ago, Pooch said:

The cruise planner and where you check in are 2 separate things.  She can edit her check in once she downloads the app.  Since she is on your reservation, all of that reservation’s purchases should show.  Have you not told her what you’ve already purchased?

Thanks -- she's so new to cruising that she doesn't know what she can purchase! I believe she actually can edit her check-in from Cruise Planner -- I have done so -- but I just wanted to let her know what to expect.

8 hours ago, Geektastic said:

Yeah you can see the same things in cruise planner it's tied to the reservation.

I wouldn't do that if you bought anything as a surprise because she'll see it. My partner tried to surprise me with lunch at Jamie's on a previous cruise but didn't realize how often I logged in and I saw it. It was still nice but definitely something to be mindful of.

On the flip side it's nice and does mean they can check to make sure something else wasn't purchased before purchasing.

Thanks!  I'm not trying to surprise her with anything; as you said, I just want her to know what's already been purchased.  

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

So tell her!😁

I did!  She's been doing a lot lately -- travel, changing jobs -- so I've been holding off on imposing on her time.  But now that she's back, she's set up her RCL account and is able to see Cruise Planner and the app.  As I said (well, typed), I just wasn't sure what she would see on the website and on the app.  We've got it covered now, though!