Cancellation email 21 Nov 21 Cruise

fitz2

I canceled a nonrefundable cruise yesterday directly with RC.  We spoke about the amount I would receive in future cruise credits. Today I called asking about receiving my cancellation notification email and was told that I wouldn't receive a cancelation email until the date of the cruise 21 Nov.  What should I do? This doesn't sound right to me. I want verification of my cancelation now. 

@fitz2 Can you send them a message on Social Media? Just go to say the Twitter message area & say I just cancelled my Oasis (or whatever ship) reservation number #XYZ in line with the CWC and I did this on the phone, while they confirmed it verbally I have yet to receive an email or conformation. Would you be so kind as to check for me that reservation #XYZ for put your name and C & A numbers has been cancelled due to the CWC program? 

I have done this on my Twitter feed and received a response let me check on this for you and then another communication pertaining to the outcome, then screen shot it.

I had a FCC snafu and I received a written response that Royal then said was not correct but it was from them. I did not receive that amount towards my sailing but since I showed them my screenshot they in fact gave me the amount in OBC, good luck with this. 

(I'm not on face book so that is why I used twitter, I just Twitter view my daughters school messages.)

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

I will often book a free activity on a cruise like a My Time dining reservation.  When I request a CWC it can take weeks for the cruise to actually cancel.  When I see an email that my dining reservation has been cancelled i know they have finally actually processed my CWC request.

Precisely.  This is the absolute ONLY way I can tell if my cruise is actually "officially" cancelled or not.

8 hours ago, fitz2 said:

I wouldn't receive a cancelation email until the date of the cruise 21 Nov.

This has typically been the way the refunds have been processed.  Basically, the refund STARTS on the day that the [cancelled] cruise would have ended.  THEN it is 30-45 business days from that date before you can expect the refund or FCCs to be processed.  I think they have been allowing FCCs to be processed a bit more timely but since I no longer take FCCs I can't really give you a good time line expectation.  Cash only for me, from now on.