Check In - Can still do on computer or phone only?

I'm seeing all these posts about check in on the app.  Our check in opens next week.  DH stays up late so I asked him to do check in at midnight, but he is not set up with the app.  Can you still do check in the old way (signed into your account on the computer)? Or will he need to install the app on his phone?  Other thing for us is we have 2 rooms so they are only set up to view on the computer. 

• WannaCruise changed the title to Check In - Can still do on computer or phone only?
10 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Thanks.  To confirm what you mean....Check in can be started on the computer to book a check in time. And you mean that the health questions can be done on the computer too, as long as done early (not waiting until the day before)?

I'm not surprised that the app isn't always working.

The app has the benefit of being able to scan your passport and is the only place where you can answer the health question that are the last step in the check in process and the step that must be completed within 24 hours of embarkation.  

Other than that, you can bounce back & forth using the app or a computer for all other check in tasks including going back later to look for better arrival appointment times. 

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

The app has the benefit of being able to scan your passport and is the only place where you can answer the health question that are the last step in the check in process and the step that must be completed within 24 hours of embarkation.  

Other than that, you can bounce back & forth using the app or a computer for all other check in tasks including going back later to look for better arrival appointment times. 

Thanks for the info! Our check in date is Nov 25 (Thanksgiving!), so I've asked DH to plan to start just after midnight to check us all in (he stays up late too, and unfortunately, I have to work on T-day, so he gets the fun).  Even if all he does is select our check in time, it will help. 

Questions -- if you or anyone else knows -- we're 4 people in a Junior suite (1 reservation) -- does he need to pick a check in time for each of us individually, or do we all get piggybacked onto his time? He will check himself in first, then the rest of us.  Can you scan someone else's passport on your app ? (one DD doesn't have a phone, but we can download the app on her tablet if necessary). And, does anyone know the check in time slots for Anthem out of Bayonne (I think the first cruise is actually tomorrow!), since we are still debating what time we want to try to check in, and have to decide before he starts (and I don't want him waking me at midnight to ask!)

3 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Thanks for the info! Our check in date is Nov 25 (Thanksgiving!), so I've asked DH to plan to start just after midnight to check us all in (he stays up late too, and unfortunately, I have to work on T-day, so he gets the fun).  Even if all he does is select our check in time, it will help. 

Questions -- if you or anyone else knows -- we're 4 people in a Junior suite (1 reservation) -- does he need to pick a check in time for each of us individually, or do we all get piggybacked onto his time? He will check himself in first, then the rest of us.  Can you scan someone else's passport on your app ? (one DD doesn't have a phone, but we can download the app on her tablet if necessary). And, does anyone know the check in time slots for Anthem out of Bayonne (I think the first cruise is actually tomorrow!), since we are still debating what time we want to try to check in, and have to decide before he starts (and I don't want him waking me at midnight to ask!)

The check in time should work for all in that cabin.  You are all in a suite.  In the past Bayonne had a separate suites check in area so you all should be good anyway it works out.  Hopefully Bayonne will continue to offer the suites check in area when Anthem returns.