Michael Poole, I have an EotS question for you

Jeff

I just read your first Live Blog post, and I noticed you said you met your girlfriend on a cruise. I noticed also, from posted cruise compasses, that there is a singles meet on EotS.  Have you been to this before? As a single cruiser, I am curious to know what its like. I'm sort of a wall flower, and kinda shy, so I am uncertain if this would be for me. Hope you have a great weekend cruise.

Jeff

I am sure Michael will be able to give you more information.

Based on my 4 experiences on EotS and a few other cruises there is always a "singles" meet at some point every day or evening. Usually at some bar or at the nighclub area in the evening.

However, it's pretty hard to tell who is there as part of that and/or /single as there are always other people there milling around or drinking etc. That being said, I have always made some friends or at least drinking partners...some who were single and in some cases couples that I hit it off with and still keep in contact with.

We did meet on Enchantment, however it was not at a singles event just random at the bar.  I was actually sitting alone at the R Bar and it just happen.  

As far as single events, I've seen them in the Cruise compass but never attend one.  They are not run by any of the crew members just a meet up place in the compass. 

I recommend going on a shorter sailing for solo as they tend to be more "fun"  I have done 7 day sailings solo are they are more family/couples based.  

Fingers crossed we sail tomorrow!  

Michael 

Upgraded to a Grand Suite..... WOW!!!!!   What cabin number? If it's polite to inquire that? We'll be in GS 8048 in feb

I suggest asking him in the comments for his blog post, if you want an answer quicker.  He will eventually read this thread