Passport Required?

RCLRING

Hi I'm asking this for a friend cause she won't be able to get her Phillipine passport renewed on time for our November cruise but we've heard as long as you have the permanent resident card and US driver license you will be fine. We are visiting St Maarten St Thomas and Cococay if that matters. I'm finding conflicting information elsewhere so I want to see if anyone here tried it without a passport. Last time I tried to use my real ID but the staffs still asked for passports when I got on the line checking in.

Unfortunately this isn't a question I would trust to a random message board. The odds of someone knowing the 100% correct answer is small compared to the risk of getting it wrong. Going straight to the source (first Royal Caribbean, and then any diplomatic missions if needed) is my recommendation. And get the response(s) in writing. 

34 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

Unfortunately this isn't a question I would trust to a random message board. The odds of someone knowing the 100% correct answer is small compared to the risk of getting it wrong. Going straight to the source (first Royal Caribbean, and then any diplomatic missions if needed) is my recommendation. And get the response(s) in writing. 

We called Royal and like we expected the few agents we spoke to gave different answers...

1 hour ago, RCLRING said:

Hi I'm asking this for a friend cause she won't be able to get her Phillipine passport renewed on time for our November cruise but we've heard as long as you have the permanent resident card and US driver license you will be fine. We are visiting St Maarten St Thomas and Cococay if that matters. I'm finding conflicting information elsewhere so I want to see if anyone here tried it without a passport. Last time I tried to use my real ID but the staffs still asked for passports when I got on the line checking in.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-travel-documents-are-required-for-cruises-from-united-states-ports

10 minutes ago, Gears said:

Good link. So they're recommending the Filipino passport but not requiring it for US permanent residents. I would say even carrying an expired one would be better than carrying none at all. I would never feel comfortable leaving the country without a passport, but that's an entirely different conversation. 

Hello 

This is what I found on the US Customs and Boarder Patrol Website. Which run the US ports. 

image.thumb.png.65ff44138ff41db1f4332e33c2d360e8.png

You can always call the US State Department and double check. I ran into the same issue. 

When it comes to the Real ID Drivers Licence the state department did confirm that you cannot travel on Real ID alone if traveling to countries that are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. It would need to be accompanied by a birth certificate. However some states in the US offer something called an Enhanced Driver's Licence but it is not offered in every state. With that Enhanced Driver's licence you can travel without a passport to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean (all countires listed under the Wester  Hemisphere Travel Initiative). 

I hope this helps.