Poddy-training and Age 3

cast530

My son is just shy of 3 years old but is also fully poddy-trained. I feel like he is a bit too old for the nursery after looking at the pictures and seeing it is geared toward infants. Does anyone know if the Ocean staff will ever consider an almost-3 toddler that is poddy-trained? I know what the rules state (fully poddy trained AND age 3), but I was wondering if in practice they will consider the circumstances of each child. 

We just got off Odyssey with my daughter who was one week shy of 3. We asked if she could do AO Juniors (3-5 years) with her 4.5 year old sister. They seemed like they would have let her, but asked us if the younger one could actually fully go by herself and wipe, even poop, because they are not allowed to help them at all in the restrooms. While we generally considered our younger daughter to be "fully" potty trained, we ended up not signing her up because she did have some trouble getting up on the cruise toilets and was afraid of the flushers. As Matt said above, doesn't hurt to ask! 

On 10/23/2021 at 10:33 AM, MTNeedsAVacay said:

While we generally considered our younger daughter to be "fully" potty trained, we ended up not signing her up because she did have some trouble getting up on the cruise toilets and was afraid of the flushers.

I remember when my kids had just turned 3 and encountered this kind of an issue. We would always take our kids to the bathroom right before drop off, and would periodically check on them to see if they needed to go to the bathroom.

The good thing is the AO staff gives the kids a "3 strikes and you're out" rule for bathroom mishaps. After all, it's rare to find a 3 year old that is truly 100% potty trained lol